D.C. August 14, 2016
10 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Washington DC… No Matter Where They Are
Washington DC is a melting pot of individuals. So many people from across the country and around the glove flock to the Nation’s Capital to call it home. But while many of us aren’t from here and we’re all a little bit different, there are some things that Washingtonians all have in common. Here are 10 ways you can spot someone from Washington DC.
1. We go to happy hour in suits and work attire.
Happy hour is often an extension of the office and, yeah, we’ll probably a have a smartphone in one hand at all times.
2. We drive aggressively and unapologetically so.
We’re used to traffic so when we spot a free space that could move us up 5 feet, we will cut across four lanes to get there.
3. We walk on the left side of the escalator and stand on the right.
Why is this so hard for tourists to understand? Stand on the right and walk on the left!
4. We can talk politics.
And somehow we always find a way to bring the conversation around to that. We can’t help it. We’re just so used to those conversations popping up.
5. We end up asking people what they do fairly quickly in the conversation.
It’s like DC-talk. You meet, you ask who you work for, you start taking politics Always at happy hour and often in a suit.
6. We love a good brunch.
Bloody Mary's and Eggs Benedict? You’ll bet that we’ve spent many a Sunday enjoying them.
7. We’ve tried Ethiopian food (and usually love it).
It is delicious and DC has the best options for it.
8. We’re only satisfied with pizza when it’s a jumbo slice
A normal sized piece of pizza is unacceptable. It’s Jumbo or nothing.
9. We know what Mumbo Sauce is.
And we likely put it on everything.
10. We can name drop at least one politician.
We’ve seen many, we’ve been held up by quite a few motorcades and usually we know at least one or two.
And without a doubt,
we love Washington DC and think it is the best city to live.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.