D.C. August 29, 2017
15 Photos That Prove Washington DC Is The Most Beautiful City In The Country
When you live in a city, it can be easy to take it for granted. And sometimes, those of us who live in DC can easily forget just how beautiful and special this city is. So we found 14 photos to remind us all that DC is the most beautiful city in the country.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. First of all, we have all these gorgeous monuments.
The National Monument is truly awe inspiring, especially when you catch it as the sun is setting.
2. Each monument has its own special beauty.
The World War II Memorial catches its own reflection and its just as gorgeous in the reflection.
3. The Tidal Basin creates a perfect scene.
The view across the Tidal Basin of the Jefferson Memorial is jaw dropping.
4. There is also fantastic architecture.
For example, the Smithsonian known as "The Castle" is just one of the many beautiful buildings in DC.
5. DC in the spring is especially gorgeous.
When the flowers and the cherry blossoms bloom, DC is practically enchanting.
6. But there’s more to the beauty of the DC than the Mall and the Monuments.
Every neighborhood has its own special beauty.
7. There are charming row houses in every neighborhood.
Dupont Circle has many historic buildings like these.
8. Georgetown is also one of the prettier spots in DC.
Flickr/Rictor Norton & David Allen
You can spend hours walking along the brick sidewalks and seeing the many gorgeous homes that line them.
9. We also have beautiful churches.
The National shrine of the Immaculate Conception and the National Cathedral are just two of the gorgeous churches here in DC.
10. Our secret destinations are special too.
There are some places in DC that the tourists don’t always make too, like the National Arboretum.
11. The Potomac River adds extra beauty DC.
The gorgeous river runs along the city, giving Washingtonians great river views.
12. DC even has natural beauty.
The stunning Rock Creek Park is an urban forest right inside of DC.
13. Every year, something new and interesting is added to DC.
Like the recently redesigned Yards Park near Nationals Park.
14. When the sun sets, DC is just as gorgeous as it is during the day.
Many of the cities well known buildings, like the Kennedy Center, light up every evening.
15. The truth is, that there is so much beauty in DC.
From secret spots to popular locations, DC is beautiful in every way.
DC is a very underrated city but these photos show the true beauty of DC.