D.C. November 30, 2016
by Maura Here Are The 13 Dishes You Have To Eat In Washington DC Before You Die
We do food right here in Washington DC. We have a diverse and delicious culinary scene here where you can find almost any type of food you could ever want to try. And you should try as many different restaurants, bakeries, and cafes as you can while you are here! But be sure to add these 13 iconic DC meals to your dining bucket list. These are the 13 dishes to eat in Washington DC before you die.
1. Cupcakes at Baked & Wired - 1052 Thomas Jefferson St NW Washington, DC 20007
There is a reason that there is always a line out the door at Baked & Wired in Georgetown and it is the cupcake. Their interesting combinations are sure to satisfy any taste buds.
2. G-Man Mangialardo’s - 1317 Pennsylvania Ave SE Washington, DC 20003
The G-Man is like Mangialardo and Sons is like the quintessential DC sub. A delicious sub with ham, salmi, mortadella, pepperoni, provolone and fontina. You get to choose between a hard or soft roll but it won’t matter because the sandwich is that good.
3. Peanut Butter & Bacon Pop-Tart at Ted’s Bulletin - Multiple Locations
The pop-tarts at Ted’s are a must-try but if you want their very best, order the peanut butter and bacon. It’s a delicious combo of sweet and savory that will blow you away.
4. Kimchi Ramen at Toki Underground - 1234 H St NE Washington, DC 20002
Toki Underground helped put ramen on the map in DC and their kimchi ramen has a lot to do with that. The Kimchi blends powerful bold flavors with traditional Japanese ramen techniques.
5. Duck at Blue Duck Tavern - 1201 24th St NW Washington, DC 20037
Blue Duck is a farm to table restaurant that serves up unique dishes in a rustic environment. Their namesake is one of the most popular items on the menu and for every reason. They do duck just right at the Blue Duck.
6. Taiwanese Fried Chicken at Maketto - 1351 H St NE
The Taiwanese Fried Chicken at Maketto is everything you want in fried chicken: crunchy, spicy and a little bit sweet. It comes with a side of buttery bread so you don’t miss a bit of the delicious sauce that comes with the chicken.
7. Khachapuri at Compass Rose - 1346 T St NW Washington, DC 20009
The Khachapuri is Compass Rose’s claim to fame. This Georgian dish is a cheese filled bread with egg and butter that is a must-try for anyone dining at Compass Rose.
8. Falafel at Amsterdam Falafelshop - 2425 18th St NW Washington, DC 20009
This is the best falafel in the DC area. You can get unlimited toppings and Amsterdam Falafelshop is open late night, perfect meals after bar hopping at Adams Morgan.
9. Pork Sausage, Habanero & Lychee Salad at Rose’s Luxury - 717 8th St SE Washington, DC 20003
The Pork Sausage, Habanero & Lycée Salad is a delicious combination of flavors and textures that you can’t find anywhere else. It’s one of the most talked about dishes from the buzzy restaurant and you’ll know why at first taste!
10. Jumbo Slice at Jumbo Slice Pizza - 2341 18th St NW Washington, DC 20009
You can’t go wrong with a jumbo slice. A piece of greasy, cheesy, warm satisfying flavors the size of your face!
11. Burger Americain at Le Diplomate - 1601 14th Street NW Washington, DC 20009
It may surprise some that a French place is known for their burgers. But if you’ve had the burger at Le Diplomate, you know these charming cafe picked up a thing or two from their American city.
12. Oysters at Old Ebbitt Grille - 675 15th St NW Washington, DC 20005
Washington DC’s oldest restaurants have been known for having the freshest oysters in the district.
13. Palak Chaat at Rasika - 633 D St NW Washington, DC 20004
Palak Chaat is fried spinach and Rasika serves up delicious crunchy, crispy, sweet fried spinach that everyone raves about.
If you want to expand your dining palate,
try these 10 unique restaurants in Washington DC for an unforgettable dining experience!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Address: 1052 Thomas Jefferson St NW Washington, DC 20007 Address: 1234 H St NE Washington, DC 20002 Address: 1317 Pennsylvania Ave SE Washington, DC 20003 Address: 633 D St NW Washington, DC 20004 Address: 1346 T St NW Washington, DC 20009