D.C. November 09, 2016
12 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Washington DC
Dating is always an adventure. But dating someone from Washington DC comes with its own fair share of unique ups and downs. So if you are dating in DC or if you want to date someone from Washington DC, here are 12 things that you must know.
1. The political cycle and the news cycle will drastically impact when you see them.
Most people in DC work for the government, as an agency or as an employee or are involved in some type of organization that’s impacted by world news or the political cycle. And they are almost all always on call in case of emergency.
2. They never give up on their sports teams.
Every August, you will have to hear about how the Redskins could make the Super Bowl. Then in December, you will hear how it’s going to happen next year.
3. DC people are passionate… about everything.
Here in DC, we have strong beliefs and we’re going to defend them.
4. But they are open to different ways of life.
DC is one of the most diverse cities in the country. There are people from all over the world living here. We are open and accepting to all different views and ways of life here.
5. They dress up.
DC is a suit and tie type town. We dress up and we look good.
6. You’ll be able to reach them because they have multiple phones.
Everyone has their work phone and their personal phone.
7. You’re going to get an education in history, world news and probably politics.
It will be more interesting than when you learned in school.
8. Getting them to leave DC might be difficult.
Why leave when there is so much to do here?
9. You probably won’t spend too much time at home watching TV.
There is always something to do in DC. Between happy hours, festivals, free attractions and new shows, it’s not a town where you stay home.
10. You probably won’t cook together very much either.
But you will dine out and in style. Washingtonians are always up on the latest restaurant openings and the hottest bars and clubs.
11. You’ll probably get to go to a classy affair.
Galas, fundraisers, balls, there are plenty of invitations floating around Washington DC.
12. They will always love DC.
And can you blame them?
And when you do start dating someone from Washington DC,
you definitely need to try one of these 10 unique date ideas in DC!