D.C. November 03, 2016
The 12 Most Beautiful Wineries Around Washington DC
All around Washington DC, wineries and vineyards have popped up offering Washingtonians a perfect place to unwind on a weekend afternoon. Between the up and coming Virginia wine country and some exciting new Maryland vineyards, there are plenty of places for Washington DC residents to enjoy a beautiful fall afternoon indulging in their favorite wines. For a fun outing, visit the 12 best wineries around Washington DC.
1. Stone Tower Winery - 19925 Hogback Mountain Rd, Leesburg, VA
Located in Loudon County, Stone Tower has breathtaking views of the Virginia landscape, as well as, two beautiful tasting rooms.
2. Chrysalis Vineyards - 39025 John Mosby Hwy Middleburg, VA
Beautiful Chrysalis Vineyards is just outside of Middleburg and specializes in wine from the famous Northern Virginia grape called Norton. You can bring a picnic or schedule a group tasting.
3. Fabbioli Cellars - 15669 Limestone School Rd Leesburg, VA
Offering a beautiful brand new tasting room featuring white twinkle lights, at Fabbioli, you can enjoy gourmet bites from the chef’s kitchen as you taste their top wines.
4. Boxwood Estate Winery - 2042 Burrland Rd Middleburg, VA
Tucked between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Potomac River, you will find gorgeous views at Boxwood Estate and incredible Bordeaux style red wines.
5. Barrel Oak Winery - 3623 Grove Ln Delaplane, VA
Barrel Oak was voted Virginia Living Magazine’s Best Winery in Virginia four times. They are kid and dog friendly so it’s a great excursion for the whole family!
6. RdV Vineyards - 2550 Delaplane Grade Rd Delaplane, VA
If you are looking for a more private tasting experience, head to RdV Vineyards. Their tasting room is reservation only and the only make 2,000 cases of wine a year.
7. Big Cork Vineyards - 4236 Main St., Rohrersville, MD
Maryland’s winery scene may get overshadowed by Virginia’s but if you are in DC, do not miss Big Cork Vineyards. They have 10,000 square foot tasting room and a beautiful patio with TVs that are perfect for catching a football game while you taste your wine.
8. Old Westminister - 1550 Old Westminster Rd Westminster, MD
Run by three siblings, the Baker siblings, this family owned winery is worth a stop. Old Westminster opened a new tasting room last fall much to the delight of wine connoisseurs.
9. Doukenie Winery - 14727 Mountain Rd Purcellville, VA
Doukenie was voted “Favorite Tasting Room in Virginia” by The Official Virgnia Wine Lover’s 2013 and 2014 Visitor’s Choice Award. They offer a wide variety of wines and stunning fall foliage views from their patio.
10. Naked Mountain Vineyard - 2747 Leeds Manor Rd Markham, VA
If you have time during the week, then Naked Mountain is perfect for you as they are open seven days a week. They have a wide variety of wines and a cozy tasting room.
11. Paradise Springs Winery - 13219 Yates Ford Rd Clifton, VA
Paradise Springs offers a rustic tasting room and delicious wines, just a quick drive outside of the district in Fairfax county in Northern Virginia.
12. Barboursville Vineyards - 17655 Winery Rd Barboursville, VA
It may be a bit farther than the other wineries and vineyards on our list but what it lacks in convenience, it makes up for in style. Enjoy fine wines inside of the gorgeous Tuscan Tasting Room.
The trip to these wineries can also be a beautiful part of the adventure
if you take one of these six roads for a scenic ride.