D.C. December 11, 2016
These 11 Awesome Diners in Washington DC Will Make You Feel Right at Home
You can never go wrong with a good cup of coffee and some greasy breakfast food. When you just want to warm up with a delicious plate of comfort food, you need to visit a good old fashioned diner. DC may be full of hip and trendy restaurants but we also have many old school diners that give you a home cooked meal with the feeling of being right at home. Check out the 11 best diners in Washington DC.
1. The Diner - 2453 18th St NW Washington, DC 20009
The Diner is one of the few places open 24 hours a day in DC where you can always find delicious American comfort classics.
2. Pete’s Diner - 212 2nd St SE Washington, DC 20003
You can find delicious traditional breakfast food, as well as some Asian specialties as Pete’s. Try the pancakes and you won’t be disappointed!
3. Luna Grill & Diner - 1301 Connecticut Ave NW Washington, DC 20036
This Dupont Circle gem offers a cozy environment with eclectic decor and delicious comfort food.
4. Florida Avenue Grill - 1100 Florida Ave NW Washington, DC 20009
Florida Avenue Grill has been serving Southern style food since 1944!
5. DC Diner - 802 13th Street Northeast Washington, DC 20002
Open from 6am - 5:30am, the DC Diner is the place to get a good meal late night. It’s small on the inside but the wait is worth and the customer service will make you feel like you’re at home!
6. Jimmy T’s Place - 501 E Capitol St SE Washington, DC 20003
Jimmy T’s is a iconic DC breakfast spot where you can order the most important meal of the day, all day long. They are known for their great food at great value.
7. Brookland Grill - 3528 12th St NE Washington, DC 20017
Brookland has a huge menu of delicious comfort food with everything from pancakes to homemade pizza.
8. American City Diner - 5532 Connecticut Ave Washington, DC 20015
Fast service and a friendly atmosphere is what you find at ACD. Order breakfast all day and definitely try one of the best milkshakes in DC.
9. Osman & Joe’s Steak ’n Egg Kitchen - 4700 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington, DC 20016
Affectionally known as Steak’n’Egg, this is a 24 hour diner in Tenleytown. Grab a seat their counter and order anything off their extensive menu for a delicious meal.
10. Lincoln’s Waffle Shop - 504 10th St NW Washington, DC 20004
Right across from Ford’s Theatre, this greasy spoon does a great waffle, as the name implies. But anything on the menu is worth trying.
11. Open City - 2331 Calvert St NW Washington, DC 20008
Open City combines the classic American Diner with a relaxing coffeehouse and lounge. It combines to be a comfy and familiar environment with affordable and filling meals.
Can’t get enough of home-cooked meals?
Try these 10 Mom & Pop restaurant that serve mouth-watering meals!