The Unique Town In Connecticut That's Anything But Ordinary
Did you know that Boston Magazine named the tiny town of Sharon, Connecticut one of New England’s 15 Best Small Towns? With no downtown and a population of 3,000, you’ve probably never even heard of this place that happens to be one of the best places to live in Connecticut. So, how on earth did it land a spot on this list? Tucked into the Litchfield Hills, it’s basically a movie set, complete with a star-studded cast! There is a great deal of natural beauty and wonderful things to do in Sharon, Connecticut.
Have you ever been to Sharon? Do you know of some other cool things to do in Sharon, Connecticut? Let us know about them in the comments. If you thought Sharon was cool, you’re sure to love these other delightful towns in Connecticut. Time to make some plans, pack up the car, and take a wonderful road trip to some of these amazing destinations in Connecticut.
More to Explore
The Best Towns in Connecticut
What are the most peaceful small towns in Connecticut?
The most peaceful small towns in Connecticut include:
- Niantic. This is a quiet little coastal town that local fishers love and there’s an excellent bookstore in which one could lose several hours.
- Sprague. This little town has several historic neighborhoods that have maintained their old-fashioned charm.
- Collinsville. This serene town has the wonderful Canton Historical Museum and some great antique stores.
- Salisbury. There are lots of beautiful hiking trails here and the whole town looks like something from a postcard.
Learn more about the most peaceful small towns in Connecticut.
What are the most underrated towns in Connecticut?
The most underrated towns in Connecticut include:
- Stonington is a little coastal town with a ton of New England charm and history, including the Old Lighthouse Museum.
- Chester. This town is full of galleries, art studios, amazing pubs, and even an alpaca farm.
- Simsbury. The community of this town created the wondrous Old Drake Hill Flower Bridge and it’s simply gorgeous.
- Ridgefield. This town is heavily dedicated to the arts and has a Museum in the Streets, a park dedicated to painting, a sculpture park, and more.
Find out more about the most underrated towns in Connecticut.
What are the most charming small towns in Connecticut?
The most charming small towns in Connecticut include:
- Old Saybrook. This gorgeous little town is home to a gorgeous lighthouse and is a foodie hotspot for locals.
- Cornwall. This little town has lovely covered bridges, several historical attractions, and lush, rolling hills.
- Kent. This town is home to Kent Falls State Park which is widely considered the most beautiful state park in Connecticut.
- Mystic. As the setting for the film Mystic Pizza, this small town of fewer than 5,000 people is as beautiful as can be.
Discover more about the most charming small towns in Connecticut.