Take A Sunday Drive, Stop For Milk And Cheese, And Play With Cats At Deerfield Farm In Connecticut
Sometimes, a quiet drive through the countryside seeing all the bucolic farms in Connecticut is just the thing to cure your blues away. If you’re looking for a great destination for a long Sunday drive, look no further. Deerfield Farm in Connecticut makes for an excellent early-morning stop. This family-run farm serves up some of the best dairy products in the Nutmeg State. Whether you’re looking for chocolate milk or Ricotta cheese, Deerfield Farm supplies fantastic quality foods that are as fresh as can be. And to top it all off, their charming old-fashioned dairy shop has adorable cats you can play with!
Enjoy this overview of this lovely farm:
Have you visited Deerfield Farm in Connecticut before? Let us know about your experience in the comments. If you’d like to pick your own fruit, check out these you-pick farms in Connecticut.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Fun and Food in Connecticut
What are the best farmers markets in Connecticut?
The best farmers markets in Connecticut include:
- Westport Farmers Market in Westport. This market focuses on gourmet goods and quality ingredients for local cooks and foodies.
- Litchfield Hills Farm-Fresh Market in Litchfield. This is not only a great market but a community gathering place with live music.
- City Seed in New Haven. Local magazine Connecticut Magazine has named this market the best in the state for several years in a row.
- Ellington Farmers Market in Ellington. You’ll find piles of fresh and local fruits and vegetables here with over 35 friendly vendors.
Find out more about the best farmers markets in Connecticut.
What are the best thrift stores in Connecticut?
The best thrift stores in Connecticut include:
- Safe Haven Thrift Shop in Southbury. This shop has great deals and benefits local victims of domestic abuse.
- Favarh Thrift Shop in Canton. There are tons of old movies and books here and this store has been around for over 60 years.
- Act II Thrift Shop in Madison. This shop has 2,500 square feet of collectibles, prints, clothing, costume jewelry, and more.
- Red, White, & Blue Thrift Stores in Waterbury. There’s a vast selection of rotating stock at this shop with just about everything.
Discover more about the best thrift stores in Connecticut.
What are the best general stores in Connecticut?
The best general stores in Connecticut include:
- Salisbury General Store and Pharmacy. This old store has been around for over 75 years and has office supplies, toys, books, candy, and so much more.
- The Colebrook Store. This store is a local icon that hosts events and is the oldest general store in New Hampshire.
- Newton General Store. This store has low prices, is known for its Flagpole Sandwich, and sells candy out of big glass jars.
- Riverton General Store. This is a great place to have lunch and shop for household goods and tasty treats.
Learn more about the best general stores in Connecticut.