Connecticut May 26, 2016
10 Things You Really Have To Do In Connecticut This Summer
Hooray for summer! After a long winter, I don’t blame you for counting down the days until perfect beach weather strikes. But there’s more to summer than visiting the beach. Pretty much every outdoor activity is yours for the conquering, from trail walking to small town biking expeditions. So if you’re looking for ways to spice up your summer, check out this beach-free list of summer adventure!
1. Choose the water transportation of your choice at Clarke Outdoors.
Located in West Cornwall, you'll have the opportunity to explore the Housatonic via kayak, canoe, stand up paddle board and more!
2. See wildlife up close at Meigs Point Nature Center in Madison.
The Touch Tank allows you to touch creatures from the ocean, and the views of Hammonasset from here are impeccable.
3. Go tubing down the Farmington River.
Get your tube at Satan's Kingdom State Recreation Area and prepare for 3 miles of water fun!
4. Take a stroll at the Hollister House Garden in Washington.
Set beside an 18th century barn, this English garden is overflowing with plants and style.
5. Ride the longest zipline in the state at Go Ape Treetop Adventure in New Britain.
If you're not afraid of heights, then these tree top obstacles will wow you!
6. Have the ride of your life at On Track Karting in Wallingford.
Think driving with the windows down is nice? Race your friends around the track for an otherworldly experience.
7. Visit the animal farms at the University of Connecicut.
Pet the animals, tour the campus, and stop in for some delicious ice cream.
8. Take the Connecticut Shoreline Bike & Boat Tour for a day of sights.
The bike tour runs 20 miles, but it's easy and flat, culminating in a boat tour of the Thimble Islands.
9. Catch a Hartford Yard Goats game.
We may not have a state team, but these guys are pretty cool and they'll be playing at the new Dunkin Donuts Stadium now.
10. Pick your own produce at Lapsley Orchard in Pomfret Center.
The best place to get enormous (both in size and flavor) blackberries is also a great summer spot for seasonal fruits and sweet treats.
Super cool stuff! But what are you waiting to do this summer?