The 32-Mile Scenic Drive In Connecticut You Will Want To Take As Soon As You Can
We think there’s something impulsive and exciting about jumping behind the wheel of your car to take an unexpected road trip. When you’re in Connecticut. we suggest checking out Route 169 CT. Along with being popular, the Connecticut State Route 169 scenic drive has that two-lane country road experience, along with a few unique roadside stops, that make it one of the top road trips in the state. Read on to learn more and then get ready to hit the road when you find yourself looking for scenic drives near me.
Have you ever taken a trip down Connecticut Route 169? Where did you stop and what did you see? We’d love for you to share your comments in the following section.
When you’re wondering where to find scenic drives near me, I invite you to reference our ultimate road trip packing list too. In this resource, you’ll find tips and ideas that’ll help you plan for a memorable outing.
If you are yearning for more scenery in the Nutmeg State, check out these 10 small towns in Connecticut that are also worth a visit.
More to Explore
Route 169 CT
What are some of the best road trips in Connecticut?
Aside from driving along Route 169 CT, here are some of the best road trips in Connecticut
- From Sunrise to Sunset Road Trip: If you only have a day to spare, we recommend this outing that's full of scenic vantage points starting at Silver Sands State Park and ending at Greenwich Point Park.
- The Connecticut Coastal Light House Road Trip: During this epic adventure, you and your family will have the opportunity to see five lighthouses along the route.
- The Connecticut Fall Foliage Road Trip: If you're feeling ambitious, you can cover this 300-mile journey in a day. We also recommend breaking it up into a two-day adventure.
What are some of the best scenic back roads in Connecticut?
In addition to the Connecticut State Route 169 scenic drive, the following is an overview of some scenic backroads in Connecticut to explore too.
- Route 127: Since this scenic backroad goes through Mystic, we suggest planning accordingly so you can also explore this charming Connecticut town.
- Route 148: Enjoy water views as you zip along this drive that's known for its twists and turns too.
- Route 85: Along with the scenery you'll soak in from the car, we suggest planning to stop at Blackledge Falls and the Comstock Coverage Bridge when you take this drive.
- Route 44: During the fall, you'll be impressed by the stunning foliage that lines this back road in Connecticut.