Colorado July 02, 2018
by Annie 11 Undeniable Habits That No Coloradan Can Ever Unlearn
No matter where you come from, you are sure to pick up a weird habit or two. While our food choices, traditions, and hobbies may be second nature to us, they come off as strange to outsiders, as demonstrated by these 11 undeniable habits that no Coloradan can ever unlearn:
1. When there is severe weather, we head for the porch, not the basement.
I mean, how are we supposed to see the funnel clouds right over our house if we are safely tucked away from the storm? *eye roll*
2. We get overly excited about the Rockies, Broncos, Nuggets, etc. Every. Single. Year.
What can we say? We are just eternal optimists like that!
3. No hill is too big...
...including 2,744-step, 68% inclines.
4. ...or mountain too small.
Whether it's a leisurely stroll or grueling climb up a 14er (like Mount Elbert, pictured above), if we see a mountain, we will conquer it!
5. We smother everything in green chile...
How did green chile get to be such a big thing in Colorado? We aren't sure, but we don't question the deliciousness.
6. ...and we'll never turn down a locally brewed beer.
Did you know that Colorado has the second most breweries in the nation? There are 348! That said, can you blame us for just wanting to enjoy a cold one with our green chile?
7. Our sense of direction is based on the mountains.
West = toward the mountains.
East = away from the mountains.
8. We will stand in line for an hour and a half, and risk food poisoning just to watch some high-quality cliff diving.
9. When it comes to buying new bling, we already know where we're going (and how to get there).
It's practically drilled into our brains: "Shane Company: One-half mile east of I-25 on Arapahoe or in Westminster off Highway 36 and 104th. Open weekdays 'til 8, Saturday and Sunday 'til 5, or online at Shaneco.com."
10. When it snows, we opt for flip flops and a jacket.
Wearing flip flops in the snow isn't crazy, but do you want to know what is? Spending $100+ on a pair of snow boots when you can get a perfectly good pair of flops for 99 cents!
11. We dip our pizza in honey.
?Ain't no pizza like a Colorado Mountain-style pizza, cause a Colorado Mountain-style pizza comes with honey!?
Just call me Coolio.
How many of these Colorado habits do you have? Are there others you would add to this list? Let us know in the comments below!
For even more Centennial State fun, check out these
15 Downright Funny Memes You’ll Only Get If You’re From Colorado.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.