Colorado January 31, 2017
13 Things Everyone Who’s Moved Away From Colorado Has Thought At Least Once
If you are lucky enough to live here in the Centennial State, there is a good chance that you will never want to leave… however, life happens and sometimes a new job or family situation may come about and you may have to move. If this happens, we must warn you that you WILL think these things at least once:
1. "There isn't nearly as much to do here as there was in Colorado."
You are very observant! In fact, of all the places we have visited, none of them come even close to Colorado's many outdoor recreational opportunities, shopping, dining, or events in general.
2. "I'm getting weird looks for riding my bike everywhere."
Not every state is nearly as bike friendly as we are... but don't let that stop you from staying active whilst saving the environment!
3. "The weed I bought from the guy behind the movie theater isn't nearly as good..."
Yeah, if it's illegal where you moved, you probably shouldn't do it...
4. "...and my beer options suck."
There is nothing quite as refreshing as a local microbrew; fortunately, several Denver breweries ship!
5. "I miss hearing Shane Company ads on KBCO...
6. ...seeing Rocky's Auto commercials on TV...
7. ...and just who the eff am I supposed to call if I get in a car accident in the middle of the night?!"
These questions keep me up all hours of the night, too.
8. "The food isn't nearly as good here as it was back home."
That's because other places just don't understand the importance of green chile.
9. "Storms here aren't worth risking my life to see."
Colorado storms on the other hand? Totally worth standing in the middle of a street during a tornado for.
10. "The people here are a lot more welcoming."
Okay, to be fair, Coloradans can be welcoming sometimes... as long as they aren't welcoming you from either California or Texas.
11. "It isn't nearly as easy to get to different places here as it was in Colorado."
One of the MANY perks to living in Colorado? You're a matter of hours away from gorgeous cities, rolling plains, or majestic mountains!
12. "Finally, sunrises aren't worth setting your alarm for...
13. ...and the sunsets aren't nearly as colorful as they are in the Centennial State."
Hey; they don't call it "Colorful Colorado" for nothing!
For more things that you are sure to understand if you are from Colorado, check out the
15 Undeniable Things Every Coloradoan Loves To Whine About.