Lava Island Is A Tropical-Themed Indoor Playground In Colorado That’s Insanely Fun
Colorado is an outdoor playground, but sometimes the weather is just too hot or too cold, and the last thing you want to do is take the kids outside. The solution? Lava Island: an indoor, tropical-themed Colorado playground that will keep the kids entertained and burning off energy!
Have you been to Lava Island? Do you have a favorite place that you would like to see featured on Only in Colorado? Nominate it here and let us know about it in the comments! When the weather outside is nicer, be sure to check out this whimsical storybook playground in Colorado.
More to Explore
Family-Friendly Fun in Colorado
What are the best amusement parks in Colorado?
The best amusement parks in Colorado include:
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. This is where you can ride roller coasters while getting a magnificent mountain view.
- Elitch Gardens. This Denver amusement park has fast and slow rides for all ages.
- Lakeside Amusement Park. This place has an old-fashioned, white-painted wooden rollercoaster.
- Water World. This water park is one of the biggest in the nation and can be found in Federal Heights.
Find out more about the best amusement parks in Colorado.
What are the best family-friendly museums in Colorado?
The best family-friendly museums in Colorado include:
- Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys. There are over 10,000 toys here to thrill your little ones.
- Wings Over The Rockies Air and Space Museum. Your budding astronaut will love the exhibits and being able to explore all the planes.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Dinosaur skeletons and a children’s discovery zone await you here.
- Denver Firefighters Museum. There are interactive exhibits and activities for all ages at this fun museum.
Discover more about the best family-friendly museums in Colorado.
What are the best kid-friendly hikes in Colorado?
The best kid-friendly hikes in Colorado include:
- Bear Lake Nature Trail. This is a local favorite trail in the Rocky Mountain National Park with amazing views and a whole lot of wildlife.
- Lookout Mountain Meadow Loop Trail. This hike offers stunning views and has a Nature Center that will teach you about the wildlife you might see while hiking here.
- Alderfer 3 Sisters Park - Wild Iris Loop. This is an easy hike of less than a mile that is replete with wildflowers, lush green trees, and abundant wildlife.
Learn more about the best kid-friendly hikes in Colorado.