Colorado September 30, 2022
11 Reasons Colorado Small Town Pride Runs Deep
As a native of Eastern Colorado, I know firsthand just how special small towns are and how deep that hometown pride runs. What makes small-town Colorado better than ANYWHERE else (including other states’ small towns because, yes, there is a BIG difference)? We are glad you asked:
1. Small-town folks know the importance of agriculture.
No matter which part of Colorado you hail from, if you live in a small town, you know just how important agriculture is and how farmers are the unsung hero.
2. Everyone may know your business, but they are always looking out for you, too.
As a teenager, I HATED this aspect of small towns. Now that I am in my 30s, however, I see the beauty in an entire community having everyone's back.
3. Your great (great, great, etc.) grandparents moved to that area around the time of its founding.
We're not just multi-generational Coloradans, but of that small town, too.
4. Colorado's small-town music festivals just hit differently.
5. Our county fair is the best county fair.
What happens at the county fair stays at the county fair.
6. Small towns = regularly supporting small businesses (AKA the corner drug store, grocery store, etc.).
Unless, of course, you need some specialty item, in which case you drive to Denver or Colorado Springs.
7. We support our teams!
No, I don't mean the Broncos (though we love them, too), but rather the high school football, basketball, and baseball teams.
8. Our sunrises and sunsets are just better.
We can't really control this, but it is still something that we enjoy and can feel proud about!
9. The funny sign guy originated in a small town in Colorado.
How funny and clever are small-town Coloradans?
10. 4-H, FBA, and FFA are life.
If you know, you know.
11. Small-town Coloradans are always ready to lend a helping hand.
Whether you're from here or just traveling through, if you need anything, just ask.
For even more Only in Colorado humor, you will want to check out
These 15 Pictures Prove That Coloradans Have The Best Sense Of Humor.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.