11 Weird Side Effects Everyone Experiences From Growing Up In Colorado
There is no better place on earth to grow up than Colorado… can I get an amen?! However, like most things, having an epic childhood comes with a few debilitating side effects, like these weird things that everyone experiences from growing up in the Centennial State:
1. You grew up accustomed to taking epic field trips...
Guess what? Not all kids get to go on awesome field trips to the mountains, Denver Mint, or Butterfly Pavilion (pictured). Sad, right?!
2. ...distinguishing directions by the location of the mountains...
Contrary to popular belief, this does not just apply to Front Range kids... those of us from the plains (and even the Western Slopers) did it, too!
3. ...and getting not just the sex talk, but also the weed talk.
What's that commercial say? Parents need to talk to their kids about the "birds and bees; booze and weed"? With so many buildings adorned in green crosses popping up all over the state, the marijuana talk is beginning sooner and sooner.
4. You have become a pro at planning your Halloween costume around your coat.
Side note: Why are we suddenly having gorgeous Halloween nights?! My boys are getting used to sunshine and warm temperatures every October 31st, which is something their mamma NEVER had.
5. While the rest of the country is choking back McDonalds and Burger King, Coloradans are enjoying Chipotle...
6. ...Noodles & Company...
7. ...and Q'doba on their lunch break.
We love our fast casual food and -- fun fact -- all of these favorites were actually founded here in Colorado! (#ColoradoProud)
8. We have come to expect at least a few snow days a year...
Even if our bosses don't give us one, we may just take it off anyway (I mean, we can't control our car not starting because of the cold weather, right? *wink*)
9. ...AND for our favorite team to go far each season.*
*Except for their 2016 season, of course... but do not despair; The Broncos WILL win Super Bowl 52!
10. Finally, you have come to expect every day to begin like this...
11. ...and end like that.
Can you imagine living in a state that doesn't have such vibrantly colored skies? Neither can we.
For more Colorado fun, click on
14 Things Coloradoans Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.