Colorado July 31, 2018
by Annie Happy Birthday, Colorado! Here Are 14 Reasons We Wouldn’t Want To Live Anywhere Else
Happy Birthday, Colorado! Today, August 1st, 2018, you turn 142 years old and, if you don’t mind my saying, you do not look a day over 120! In your last 142 years, you have worked hard to make this the best place to live, so today we pay tribute to you by giving you the 14 reasons we would never want to live anywhere else!
1. ♫ Sunny Day, Sweeping the Clouds Away...♫
With an average of 300 sunny days per year, it's surprising that more people don't know how good we've got it. Seriously, folks; you aren't going to find this anywhere else!
2. We love beer and we don't care who knows!
Some states may look down on you for drinking a hearty amount of beer, but not Colorado (AKA the state with the second most breweries in the country)! We're all just trying to support local businesses.
3. 24/7 Rocky Mountain High.
Take that as you may, but my preferred high is that of our jaw-dropping scenery! (If you prefer another kind of 24/7 Rocky Mountain High, you can legally get it here, too.)
4. Speaking of jaw-dropping scenery, Colorado is home to a wide variety of different landscapes, including the majestic mountains...
There are not enough heart-eye emoji faces in this world to describe our love of Bighorn Mountain.
5. ...rolling plains...
Shh... do you hear that sound? Me neither... isn't it great?!
6. ...colorful desert...
Want to celebrate Colorado's birthday in the best way possible? Visit the Western Slope, which includes the Book Cliffs and Mount Garfield (pictured above)!
7. ...and dazzling cityscapes.
Where else but Colorado can you find all of the above? Go on; I'll wait.
8. What do Chipotle, Crocs, and Tim Allen all have in common? They are all products of the Centennial State!
You can't get any more American than the guy from Home Improvement!
9. We got the 'Jos.
Move over Chicago, California, Italy, and New York; Colorado Mountain-style pies are here - and they are the BEST!
10. No matter what time of year, the outdoor recreation opportunities are epic.
In the winter, we have skiing and snowboarding. In the spring, it's hiking and biking. In the summer, it's... well, you get the idea.
11. Coloradans have a great sense of humor.
12. Coloradans get to wake up to this...
The best part of waking up isn't the generic coffee in your cup - it's sunrises like these!
13. ...end their days with this...
Colorado sunsets are absolutely spectacular.
14. ...and fall asleep under the stars.
Do you see now why we can't help but gush about the Centennial State?
In the words of Colorado icon Blinky the Clown (RIP, old friend), “Happy Birth… day to YOU,” Colorado! The list of reasons why we love our home state is practically endless. How will you be celebrating this special day?
Keep the fun going by reading about these
13 Amazing Things People In Colorado Just Can’t Live Without.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.