Cuchara, Colorado Is A Small Town You Have Never Heard Of But Need To Visit This Year
Breckenridge. Vail. Grand Lake. You have heard of and have maybe even visited all of these charming small towns, but have you ever checked out communities in less touristy areas? If you haven’t, you are missing out on arguably some of the best gems in the state. Nowhere is this demonstrated more than in this cute little-known town. Come along as we delve into all of the fun, exciting, and unexpected things to do in Cuchara, Colorado!
To learn more about all there is to see and do around Cuchara and the surrounding area, be sure to visit the official Spanish Peak Country website.
Have you ever been to Cuchara, CO? If so, what did you think? Which parts were your favorites? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
Do you have a favorite attraction, event, or restaurant that you would like to see featured on Only in Colorado? Tell us about it by filling out our nomination form!
For even more of our favorite small towns, check out this article about the 10 most beautiful, charming small towns in Colorado.
If you’re still in the mood for more Rocky Mountain State adventures, take a look at this video about beautiful Hanging Lake and Spouting Rock:
More to Explore
Out and About in Colorado
Where can we find parks in Colorado?
- Rocky Mountain National Park, located in Estes Park, is Colorado’s iconic park and known for its stunning array of wildlife.
- Pikes Peak, located in Colorado Springs, is recognized as the highest summit along the Front Range.
- Dinosaur National Monument, located in Dinosaur, is home to some 800 paleontological sites.
Read on to learn more about the many wonderful parks in Colorado.
Where can we find waterparks in Colorado?
- Pirate's Cove Family Aquatic Center in Littleton features multiple pools, tons of slides, and a lazy river.
- America the Beautiful Park in Colorado Springs is popular for its unique fountain as well as some really gorgeous views.
- Clear Creek White Water Park in Golden is recreational-centric with a real creek where visitors can swim, kayak, and canoe.
Read on to learn more about the many exciting waterparks in Colorado.
Where can we find historic neighborhoods in Denver, Colorado?
- The Curtis Park/Five Points neighborhood has still maintained some of its elegant Victorian-style homes.
- The Capitol Hill neighborhood features many of Denver's oldest buildings.
- The East 7th Avenue neighborhood is Denver’s largest Historic District.
Read on to learn more about the many spectacular historic neighborhoods in Denver, Colorado.