Everyone Should Take This Spectacular Holiday Trail Of Lights In Colorado This Season
Whether you love the holiday season or dread it every year, there is something undeniably enchanting about beautiful Christmas lights and displays, of which the Centennial State has plenty. Do you wish to see as many lights and displays as possible? Then take our carefully curated holiday Trail of Lights that will lead you to some of the best Christmas displays around Colorado (link to the original, interactive map can be found on Google Maps).
Who will you bring with you on the trail of lights this year? Tag them in the comments! For even more Christmastime fun around the Centennial State, check out the best Christmas towns in Colorado.
More to Explore
Trail of Lights
When is the Trail of Lights in Colorado this year?
Every winter, the Denver Botanic Garden comes alive with truly incredible light displays that folks come from all over the nation to witness. It typically takes place from late November until early January; the current dates for winter 2023/2024 are November 24th to January 1st. The event runs from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and will be closed on Christmas, so plan accordingly.
What are some other winter traditions in Colorado?
The Trail of Lights is far from the only beloved winter tradition in Colorado! There are many more – all of which are definitely worth a trip. Other wonderful winter traditions in Colorado include:
- Estes Park’s Tree Lighting Ceremony – This is one of the most famous, twinkly, beautiful tree lightings in the nation, and it just so happens to be in one of Colorado’s most beautiful towns.
- The Breckenridge International Snow Sculpture Championships – Did you know that you can make so much more than just a snowman if you really put your heart into it? Check out these incredible snow sculptures and celebrate the winner.
- Visit one of our amazing Christmas towns! Some of our towns, like Breckenridge, Frisco, and Manitou Springs go all out for the seasons.
Learn more about the best things to do in Colorado in winter.
What should I do for Christmas in Colorado?
Of course, the list above isn’t complete – there are so many fun things to do for Christmas in Colorado that you’ll probably never run out of ideas in this lifetime. Other fun ideas for the best winter in Colorado ever are things like:
- Wander off to Crested Butte, Colorado’s snowiest town.
- Head out to Winter Park and have a blast.
- Visit the world’s largest snow fort. Yes. It’s a thing.
Colorado in the winter is amazing – you'll never get bored!