Colorado February 17, 2017
15 Indisputable Reasons Why It’s Not Always Easy Being From Colorado
If you are a Colorado native and have ever had to leave the state, you know that no other place even begins to compare to this special area. If you are a Colorado native and have ever had to leave the state, you can also attest to the fact that it’s not always easy being from Colorado, do in part to these 15 indisputable reasons:
1. Not all pizza is served with honey...
And not all pizza has soft and thick Colorado-style crust.
2. ...not all restaurants have an epic beer selection...
Get this: Restaurants in other states may only serve DOMESTIC beers! Gross, right?
3. ...and not every burrito comes topped with a specialty green chile.
Those of us in Colorado are very, very spoiled... and sheltered.
4. (In fact, not every restaurant elsewhere necessarily even has green chile on the menu.)
*Inserts crying emoji here*
5. Having to wake up first thing in the morning doesn't get any more pleasant than this.
Seriously, should 6 a.m. look this glorious?
6. Recreational weed isn't legal everywhere.
...so if you want to smoke it, you are going to have to purchase it illegally from a sketchy dealer in a scary alley.
7. Not just every old place has something going on each weekend...
(I bet you have NO clue where this picture was taken!)
8. ...a thrilling Mexican restaurant...
On second thought, maybe this is a good thing?
9. ...a welcoming place for every culture...
PLUS events celebrating our different heritages!
10. ...and -- of course -- a sports team for every liking.
Yes; even lacrosse!
11. Being outside isn't nearly as fun as it is in Colorado.
In case you didn't know, Colorado has an average of 300 sunny days each year, as well as some of the most beautiful landscape in the world.
12. Come to find out, skiing isn't available in every state.
(Trust us; if it is, it isn't going to be nearly as good anyway!)
13. In other states, storms aren't nearly this stunning.
In other words, don't even bother risking your life by watching it from the front porch.
14. Finally, you may get some weird looks walking...
15. ...and/or riding your bike everywhere vs. driving.
This isn't the norm everywhere else :/
For even more fun, check out
This Crazy Footage Of Colorado Drivers Will Leave You Shaking Your Head!