Colorado November 09, 2019
These Are The 10 Best Ways An Out-Of-Stater Can Embarrass Themselves In Colorado
Did you just move to the Centennial State or plan to visit anytime soon? If so, let me be the first to welcome you to Colorado, AKA, the most beautiful state in the country! Let me also be the first to introduce you to Colorado life, beginning with these 10 things you need to avoid so as not to embarrass yourself during your time here:
1. You saw the episode of South Park with Casa Bonita, and now you can't wait to go.
"Casa Bonita! Casa Bonita! Food and fun in a festive atmosphere!" You know the song and may even want to visit. But you may also be surprised to learn that the restaurant is miserably humid (a la their famous waterfall), the line to get in and order your food takes at least an hour, and that you can't/shouldn't actually eat the food that you just waited in line for.
2. Speaking of South Park, you assume that it is basically the same place that is portrayed on the show.
Yes, South Park is a real place, but it isn't anything like the famous cartoon. In fact, the real South Park is considered to be one of Colorado's most beautiful designated heritage areas, with the closest statutory town being the nearby Fairplay.
3. Out-of-towners typically assume that Colorado is all mountains...
Out-of-towner say what?! While you are here, you better take time to also explore the Western Slope, Eastern Plains, and Great Sand Dunes!
4. ...and that it is always snowing.
While the famous "300 days of sunshine" myth has been debunked, Colorado still receives a good 200-some days of sunshine each year, which, therefore, makes it nearly impossible for it to snow every day.
5. Do you really want to wave your "I'm not from around here!" flag? Go freak out in front of one of our legal dispensaries and take a bunch of pictures.
Yes, it's legal, and yes, we are basically over it.
6. Out-of-staters opt for indoor activities vs. exploring our great outdoors.
We enjoy shopping and dining out as much as the next person, but we hardly have time to do it because there is so much to see and do around the mountains, landmarks, and streets of Colorado!
7. You spent how much on snow boots?!
Why, in the name of all that is good, would you spend all your money on snow boots? You do know that you can get a decent pair of flip flops for less than $1, right?
8. After buying said snow boots, you don't even venture out into the snow.
I'm not rolling my eyes at you... I was just checking out my brain ¯_(ツ)_/¯
9. Out-of-towners order a Natty Light or Bud with their supper.
You're correct: Coors Light IS brewed right here in Colorado. However, there are way too many good craft breweries to go around, and we gotta try them all.
10. You go on and on about how different the seafood tastes here.
You're right, it does... now please go back to enjoying your Rocky Mountain Oysters and Bud Light.
Tell the truth: How many of these embarrassing things have you done? Let us know in the comments! For even more Centennial State fun, check out
These 15 Pictures Prove That Coloradans Have The Best Sense Of Humor.
Address: Colorado, USA