Denver November 01, 2016
15 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Denver Do
The population of our marvelous Mile High City is insanely diverse, and consequently, there are plenty of bizarre head-turning happenings each and every day that will put you in a tailspin. There are also a lot of weird things only people from Denver do that every Mile Higher can relate to, and we hope you get a good laugh out of them. You’re welcome!
1. We chose Blucifer, the Murderous Mustang, to greet visitors at the Denver International Airport.
What's so frightening and inhospitable about a 32-foot-tall horse with glowing red eyes that killed its creator? Seems normal to me.
2. We leave the house every day with every layer of clothing known to man.
3. We often carry a variety of footwear because you just never know.
4. We don't call it the bipolar vortex for nothing.
But let's be honest - it's pretty amazing that we can don shorts one day and down coats the next...many times in the same 24-hour period.
5. Are you tired of weather jokes yet?
It's a real thing.
6. Let's move on to talking about transplants...
7. ...and traffic. And transplants (aka Texans) driving in traffic.
Seriously, though, Denver has some of THE worst potholes (and drivers) in the nation.
8. Even when there's a blizzard you can expect Denverites to drive roughly 20-30 MPH over the speed limit.
No joke, 80 or 90 MPH in a 55 is the Denver norm.
9. We'll drive miles out of our way just to avoid sitting in construction traffic.
10. We have a soft spot for Casa Bonita.
Even if the food sends us running to the bathroom, we will always love Casa Bonita.
11. Sometimes the Mile High struggles are really real.
12. But there could be other factors involved.
13. Denverites who complain about being landlocked are just plain silly.
Therapy - Mile High style.
14. Running in snow also seems silly, but there are plenty of Mile Highers doing it.
15. Yeah, Denver's super weird, and you definitely don't want to move here.
For more of the wonderfully bizarre, check out these
12 Towns Near Denver With The Strangest Names You’ll Ever See.