10 Things People From Denver Always Have To Explain To Out Of Towners
Have you been hosting friends and family from out of town lately? If so, then you may have had to explain a few things.
1. If you'd like Mexican food, we can take you to any number of authentic places.
If you want cliff divers and millions of screaming children, we'll take you to Casa Bonita.
2. Oh, you want to go buy some pot?
3. Nope, these oysters aren't quite what you might think.
4. Fine...we'll take you on the Coors tour...
5. ...but only if we can show you some of Denver's
other beer, too.
6. Drink with the altitude in mind.
Go easy on those beers; drinking at this altitude will hit you pretty hard.
7. Take our wilderness seriously.
The altitude is high, so you'll need to acclimate before you go climbing our peaks. Lightning strikes really do kill people, so pay attention to the weather. Bring lots of water, food and know how to read a map. Our mountains are beautiful, but they don't mess around.
8. Red Rocks is more than just an amazing concert venue.
Let's go for a morning run!
9. Skiing here is wonderful, but allow a one hour drive first.
And once you get there, if you've never tried skiing...a lesson or two is a good idea.
10. We hope you fall in love with our city.
It's pretty hard not to, isn't it?
What other things have you had to explain to your out of town friends?
If you don’t have an out of towner in tow,
here are 20 ways to spot a tourist in Denver.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.