Denver August 07, 2016
by R. Phillips 21 Things You Know Are True If You Went To High School In Denver
A tried and true Denverite can be hard to come by in our somewhat transient and arguably over-populated metropolis, but if you were fortunate enough to grow up in the magnificent Mile High City, then you’ll know these truths to be undeniable – self-evident even. For better or worse, you know you went to high school in Denver if…
1. It's snowed more than a foot in 24 hours, but you know school will still be in session.
2. You've had to resort to playing hooky to get first tracks...because class is never cancelled due to snow.
3. You could do this before you could legally drive.
4. You've scarfed many a cone here. Even (or especially) in the winter.
5. You've had your prom pictures taken at a Mile High landmark.
6. You know this spot all too well and used to meet study buddies at the Tattered Cover, peruse the bins at Twist & Shout Records, or roam the streets of Colfax after school.
7. You waited for this moment all year.
8. And this one.
9. The first live music you ever saw was at Red Rocks. Sigh.
10. Your first "car" took you on adventures like this.
11. You had a first kiss or first date here. (And you've also never referred to Elitch as "Six Flags.")
12. You pretty much grew up at Coors Field.
13. And at Broncos games.
14. You've wasted away the hours at a city park after dark.
15. You and your pals took advantage of Pete's Kitchen 24/7 policy.
16. You've spent your weekends watching motocross at Thunder Valley.
17. You spent hours honing your skills at the skate park.
18. You recognize this scene immediately.
19. You've had many a late night adventure at Lookout Mountain.
20. You instinctively hold your breath when you drive past this section of I-70.
21. You'd know this skyline, those Rockies, and these neon sunsets anywhere...and you wouldn't trade them for the world.
You know exactly what I’m talking about don’t you, Denverites? Now take a gander at the
14 Biggest Risks of Living In Denver and have another nice little chuckle.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.