Denver November 16, 2017
by Laura Konrade 10 Foolproof Ways To Spot An Imposter In Denver
Many times you can spot someone who is not from Denver a mile away (see what I just did there?). But with all the transplants that the wonderful Mile High City has drawn in, it can sometimes be difficult to tell who’s a native and who isn’t. Here are 10 surefire ways to discover whether someone is a true Denverite, or not.
1. They've lost their sense of direction.
Here's a tip: those big, beautiful Rocky Mountains are always to your west.
2. They are wearing high heels in the snow.
You're going to want to invest in some sensible footwear if you're in Denver.
3. They are buying beer at the grocery store.
Come on, you're only in one of the biggest beer cities in the nation. Go grab a local beer at a craft brewery... you can find them all over the city.
4. They can't wait to eat the Mexican food at Casa Bonita.
We all know the cliff divers are the main attraction at Casa Bonita, or is it the guy dressed up in the frightening gorilla costume running around the restaurant?
5. When they hit the slopes, they ski in jeans.
You're going to get cold, and wet.
6. They are wearing Raiders gear.
Wait, that one is way too obvious.
7. They are NOT covered in orange and blue on a game day.
Locals are devoted to their Broncos, and they definitely like to show it.
8. They are on a marijuana bus tour.
We know exactly what brought you here.
9. They aren't quite sure what Rocky Mountain oysters are.
Let me just assure you that they are not seafood.
10. They want to get out of the city and get up close and personal with the wildlife.
You're going to want to go ahead and get a telephoto lense.
What are some hilarious ways you can spot a tourist in the Denver area? Please share in the comments below.
These 14 photos that prove Denver is the most beautiful city in the country show why it’s no wonder everyone wants to come to the Mile HIgh City.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.