Colorado January 08, 2019
The 11 Superpowers You Have If You Were Born In Colorado
If you were born in Colorado, you are basically a Super Man or Wonder Woman by birth, as you were born in a magical place and instilled with special abilities that no one else possesses. Take, for instance, these 11 superpowers you automatically have if you were born in Colorado:
1. You are basically born with the ability to ski.
Actually, this is a bit of an exaggeration, as my Kansas-born husband is a better skier/snowboarder than I, a Colorado native, am. Regardless of how
well we ski, most of us begin at a very early age and stick with it for life.
2. You are fiercely loyal and will stick with your team, no matter how badly (or how often) they lose.
We are looking at you, Broncos... (Vance Joseph is gone, though, so it can only get better from here, right? RIGHT?!)
3. Despite the high altitude, we can still handle our alcohol...
Okay, this is one Colorado thing that I really
do do better than my husband!
4. ...and don't get winded from walking up 15 steps.
A Coloradan's first steps are usually in the mountains (I mean, you can't hike without walking, right?), so we are already used to the higher elevation.
5. Back to the alcohol thing: we do not often drink to get drunk.
With so many incredible craft breweries around Colorado, we sometimes like to just sit down and enjoy a pint or two with our dinner. These tasty brews are meant to be savored!
6. We are not scandalized by the scent of marijuana.
While that skunky smell may offend some out-of-staters, we think it smells like sweet tax money (because it is).
7. We CANNOT sit still.
While this may seem like a negative to outsiders, it is actually a blessing, as it gives us a chance to get out and explore our beautiful state at any chance we get.
8. We are all born with such big brains that we come up with new concepts like fast-casual dining…
That's right, folks; Chipotle, Q'doba, AND Noodles were all founded right here in Colorado.
9. ...iconic childhood toys...
It is said that the Teddy bear was invented by maids at the Hotel Colorado as a special gift for President Theodore Roosevelt when he visited.
10. ...and shoes that feel like you're walking on a cloud.
Actually, we’re not sure if we should be bragging or apologizing for it. They are undeniably ugly… but they do make great gardening shoes or lightweight kicks to bring along when camping.
11. Finally, Coloradans are built with internal heaters that keep us warm year-round.
An easy way to spot a non-Coloradan? They are the ones wearing coats, jackets, and or actual shoes during a snowstorm. #wimps
For even more fun, check out these
15 Downright Funny Memes You’ll Only Get If You’re From Colorado.