Colorado November 07, 2015
12 Things People ALWAYS Ask When They Know You’re From Colorado
If you are a native Coloradoan (like myself), I’m sure you’ve been asked the same questions over and over…and over…and over. With that being said, I’m also sure that you’ve been asked:
1. "Colorado...isn't marijuana legal there?"
So I've been told, yes.
2. "Do you go skiing all the time?"
Actually, I've only been skiing once in my life...and most of the other natives I know have only been a handful of times.
3. "Do YOU smoke pot?"
Actually, no--not EVERYONE who lives in Colorado partakes in recreational marijuana...Crazy, I know!
4. "Doesn't it snow all the time in Colorado?"
Nope. In fact, Colorado has an average of 300 sunny days per year!
5. "Do all of your friends and family smoke weed?"
6. "Isn't the entire state covered in mountains?"
This is a common misconception; Colorado is home to not only gorgeous mountains, but to several large cities along the front range, as well as the rolling eastern plains.
7. "Is it true that you can buy, like, a million different types of cannabis at the dispensaries?"
I wouldn't know.
8. "Plains, schmains! Doesn't everyone in Colorado live in the mountains?"
No; only the lucky ones.
9. "Okay, we get it, Annie--you don't smoke pot! Do you consume it in brownies, candies, or other edibles?"
10. "Is everyone in Colorado a hippie?"
Colorado? No. Boulder? Well...
11. So, weed...
12. "Is it true that Colorado is the greatest state in the country?"
Yes. Yes it is!
Which questions are you tired of hearing?