Unique Places to Stay in Arkansas: 10 Cool & Quirky Rentals
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
The Natural State prides itself on being eclectic, eccentric, and just plain different. From the mountains to the hot springs, the rivers to the big cities, there are all sorts of amazing adventure and getaway opportunities in Arkansas. And while you can certainly book a stay at a hotel or campground, why not make your accommodations as unique as your adventure? This is where we come in: we’ve put together the following list of the best, coolest, most wonderfully unique places to stay in Arkansas, all guaranteed to take your Natural State adventure to the next level.
Treehouses for Rent in Arkansas
Guess what? Treehouses aren’t just for kids. This whimsical and unique lodging has come a long way from the ramshackle spots of our youth. Treehouse rentals in Arkansas today have all the amenities of a 5-star resort, with the added bonus of truly sublime scenery. Prepare for a fun and memorable experience in one of these treehouses as they are some of the most fun places to stay in Arkansas:
Tiny House Rentals in Arkansas
Tiny houses are having a BIG moment, and you’d be amazed at the space and amenities inside these darling little dwellings. If you’re looking to experience tiny house living, these cool places to stay in Arkansas are sure to leave a big impression:
Farm Houses for Rent in Arkansas
There’s nothing more grounding than a slice of country life. Surrounded by bucolic beauty and often located on historic properties, these farmhouses for rent in Arkansas are sure to leave you relaxed and recharged!
Mansions for Rent in Arkansas
Looking to treat yourself? There are some mansions in Arkansas available to rent that are the height of decadence and luxury. Whether you’re looking for a sprawling space with a pool and hot tub, a stately mansion with spa-like bathrooms or a chef’s kitchen, you’ll have everything you could dream of — and more — when you stay at one of these mansions in AR.
Castles for Rent in Arkansas
After you’ve spent the night at one of the mansions in Arkansas, there’s only one way to “level up” that experience: a castle. Yes, a castle! There are castles for rent in the Natural State that are truly fit for royalty, with luxurious features that will take your breath away. The only downside? Once you’ve stayed in one of these royal residences, you will be ruined for life! These are some of the most unique rentals in Arkansas:
Have you ever been to these unique Arkansas getaways? What did you think? Do you have a favorite? Did we miss any cool Arkansas resorts? Tell us in the comments below!
If you’re looking for more great places to visit in the state, check out why This Dome Home AirBnB Will Give You A One-Of-A-Kind Retreat In Arkansas.
More to Explore
Unique Places to Stay in Arkansas
What are the most unique hotels in Arkansas?
If you're looking for the amenities of a 5-star hotel with the quirkiness of a rental property, check out these wholly unique hotels in Arkansas:
- 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville. The hotel is ideally located near Bentonville Town Square, putting you within walking distance of the town’s major attractions, including the Crystal Bridges Museum of Art. Speaking of museums, this hotel is also a contemporary art museum, a 12,000-square-foot exhibition space with larger-than-life sculptures that will inspire you to dream big.
- Capital Hotel. Located near the Arkansas River in downtown Little Rock, Capital Hotel has been providing a luxurious stay for folks passing through Little Rock for over 140 years. All of the 94 guest rooms feature custom-designed mattresses, 14-foot ceilings, and floor-to-ceiling windows so you can soak in that beautiful view of downtown Little Rock.
Lookout Point Lakeside Inn. Give yourself the give of a weekend getaway at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn, and you’ll set the standard for yourself for all future hotels you’ll ever stay at. This luxury lodging option blurs the line between hotel and bed and breakfast with spacious rooms featuring patios and balconies, fireplaces, and beautiful lake views. This elegant inn is known as the most romantic hotel in America, and it’s easy to see why!
- Cedar Lodge. Nestled in the beautiful Ozark Mountains in Northwest Arkansas, Cedar Lodge’s 7,600-square-foot estate is the perfect little slice of paradise for nature lovers. This 5-star hotel transforms every season, providing year-round outdoor adventure from kayaking to snowshoeing. After a day of exploring, sit back and soak in the hot tub or the sauna for the ultimate getaway in Arkansas.
Where are the most unique getaways in Arkansas?
In the market for more unique getaways in Arkansas? Allow us to introduce you to these destinations that are not only wholly unique, but also some of the all-around coolest and best places to stay in Arkansas:
- Beckham Creek Cave Lodge. Without a doubt, Beckham Creek Cave Lodge is one of the most unique places to stay in Arkansas, and although it’s not a traditional hotel, it definitely earned itself a spot on this list. You can only book the entire space, a four-bedroom, four-bathroom lodge built into a cave near Jasper. This place is an outdoor lover’s paradise, and there’s plenty of outdoor adventure to enjoy during your stay here, including several hiking trails, fishing, canoeing, and more.
- 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa. The Crescent Hotel and Spa sits high above Eureka Springs, giving you a fantastic view of the historic Victorian village and surrounding areas. The hotel boasts a spa and a salon for all your pampering needs as well as 15 acres of perfectly manicured gardens complete with ample hiking, biking, and walking trails to enjoy. What makes this place so unique, you ask? Perhaps the most unique attribute to this hotel is that it’s known as America’s most haunted hotel, and they wear the ghostly badge with pride. Take an evening ghost tour of the hotel and do a little paranormal investigating for an otherworldly experience.
- The Reserve at Hot Springs. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Reserve at Hot Springs will offer you an unforgettable stay. Surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens peppered with historic buildings from the property’s history, this Hot Springs boutique hotel put you smack dab in the middle of the action while still feeling like you’re in your own little world. The Reserve is conveniently located to both Oak Lawn Racetrack and Hot Springs National Park, ensuring there’s a nearby adventure for everyone.