Accommodation April 14, 2021
These 8 Unique Arkansas Getaways Are A Must-See This Summer
The Natural State prides itself on being eclectic, eccentric, and just plain different! Think of the numerous stories (both haunted and romantic) of visitors who spent a night at the Crescent in Eureka Springs or the many couples who have spent a whirlwind getaway at the historic Arlington Hotel in Hot Springs! Check out these unique Arkansas getaways, in lodgings and attractions found across Arkansas; they’re worth a glance. They should all make your bucket list for wonderful and fabulous places to stay.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
8. Beckham Creek Cave Lodge: Recently remodeled and better than ever, this secluded lodge is located in a cave near Jasper, Arkansas.
The lodge has natural living cave walls and ceilings. Unlike some "cave" hotels, this is a real, living cave. This unbelievable place will have you living out the luxury cave dreams that you’ve had. It’s hard to believe that
are real! Talk about a twist on luxury.
7. Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge: Turpentine Creek is a big cat sanctuary in Eureka Springs that gives shelter to abandoned or abused big cats and other animals. This location features safari lodges for adults and a treehouse for families.
Some of the rooms at Turpentine Creek have views of the cats, but you can hear them in any of the lodges. They rescue exotic cats from all over the country, and you’ll get a first hand glimpse at some of the most unique species in America! This is one of the most unique places to stay in Arkansas, especially if you spend the night in their
6. Diamond John's Riverside Retreat: Located next to the Little Missouri river, this quirky site features four cabins and four teepees.
For a wonderful trip during summer in Arkansas, this fun spot also offers kayak rentals, and you can even
bring your pet!
Diamond John's is in Murfreesboro, Arkansas (not far from the Crater of Diamonds) at 81 Roy Road.
5. Horseshoe Canyon Ranch: Located in Jasper, Arkansas, this family dude ranch features horseback riding, canoeing on the Buffalo River, and a wealth of other thrilling outdoor activities.
This ranch offers a true experience for the whole family to enjoy, making it one of the most unique places in Arkansas to
spend the night.
Horseshoe Canyon Ranch is located off Hwy 74 west of Jasper, next to the Buffalo National Wilderness Area.
4. Livingston Junction Cabooses: Located in beautiful Eureka Springs, these cabooses are situated comfortably on the mountainside with a grand view of the historic site of railroading as it was in the past.
You’ll never forget a night spent in a renovated
Book your stay and get ready for a memorable trip you’ll be talking about for years to come. The name, Livingston Junction, combines the name of the "hollow" viewed down below the cabooses and the intersection where the original railroad from Seligman, Missouri headed south to Harrison, Arkansas and beyond. It spurs off to Historic Eureka Springs.
3. StoneWind Retreat: This Chester, Arkansas retreat features yurt cabins built on decks fully furnished for long or short term stays. StoneWind Retreat features 8 comfortable and unique 709-square-foot Yurt Cabins built on 40 x 40' decks overlooking the Boston Mountains.
These also offer luxurious touches like a hot tub, in cabin massages, and more. These are no regular yurts: you’ll find cozy luxury abounds in these
beautiful little cabins.
StoneWind is situated on 160 mountaintop acres in the beautiful Boston Mountains with the Ozark National Forest across the western fence.
2. Longbow Resort: Located in Prim, Arkansas, Longbow Resort is a remote cabin getaway spanning two square miles between Greers Ferry Lake and Mountain View in the Ozarks.
Longbow Cabin features a sheer cliff line for an interior wall and views a 30' natural waterfall and pool. Bushmaster Cabin is built over a small creek and features a view of large boulders and a cliff line as well. The architecture of these stunning cabins will take your breath away. A unique place to spend the night, choose any of their
four cabin options
for an unforgettable weekend.
1. The Grand Treehouse Resort: The Grand Treehouse Resort is nestled in the middle of a wild life forest about five minute’s drive to historic Eureka Springs.
These are no ordinary treehouses: you’ll find
lifted above the trees. Walk the boardwalk to get to your front door, and prepare yourself for a beautiful adventure. The trolley stop is just across the street from the resort, so visitors are able to leave their cars and catch a trolley to anywhere in Eureka Springs.
Have you ever been to these unique Arkansas getaways? What did you think? Do you have a favorite? Did we miss any cool Arkansas resorts? Tell us in the comments below!
If you’re looking for more great places to visit in the state, check out why
This Dome Home AirBnB Will Give You A One-Of-A-Kind Retreat In Arkansas. Address: Beckham Creek Cave Lodge, 1110 NC 8641, Parthenon, AR 72666, USA Address: Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, 239 Turpentine Creek Ln, Eureka Springs, AR 72632, USA Address: 81 Roy Rd, Murfreesboro, AR 71958, USA Address: Horseshoe Canyon Ranch Rd, Low Gap Township, AR 72641, USA Address: Co Rd 222, Eureka Springs, AR 72631, USA Address: 15840 Wilson Branch Dr, Chester, AR 72934, USA Address: Longbow Resort, 4349 Prim Rd, Edgemont, AR 72044, USA Address: 350 W Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632, USA
Unique Arkansas Getaways
April 19, 2021
When is the best time of year to visit Arkansas?
Travelers find autumn to be the best time of year to visit Arkansas. You’ll find temperatures warm but not hot, and you’ll find plenty of sunny days to enjoy.
What is the hottest month of the year in Arkansas?
July is the hottest month of the year, so if you find yourself traveling to the state during the summer, be prepared! Stay hydrated, find shade, and relax during the hottest parts of the day.
Address: Beckham Creek Cave Lodge, 1110 NC 8641, Parthenon, AR 72666, USA Address: Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, 239 Turpentine Creek Ln, Eureka Springs, AR 72632, USA Address: 81 Roy Rd, Murfreesboro, AR 71958, USA Address: Horseshoe Canyon Ranch Rd, Low Gap Township, AR 72641, USA Address: Co Rd 222, Eureka Springs, AR 72631, USA Address: 15840 Wilson Branch Dr, Chester, AR 72934, USA Address: Longbow Resort, 4349 Prim Rd, Edgemont, AR 72044, USA Address: 350 W Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632, USA