The Unique Hike In Arkansas That Leads You To Plane Wreckage From 1948
The Round Top Mountain plane crash hike in Arkansas offers expansive views. It also leads to the wreckage of a devastating event that took place in 1948. Part historic, part somber, this hike is nonetheless worth taking. Come along as we explore this popular hiking spot.
Have you ventured to the top of Round Top? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it is among the best Round Top Mountain hikes? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
You can also add your photos in our Facebook group, Arkansas Nature Lovers. You should join for your chance to be featured and to discover why there’s nothing better than Arkansas’ stunning nature.
If you’d like to take the family along more trails, try one of these kid-friendly hikes.
A lot of hikers also love to go camping. If you’d like to try it in an RV but don’t have one, visit RVShare. And whether you are new to RVing or are a seasoned pro, here are some great RV tips for your next adventure!
If you’re still in the mood for more Arkansas adventures, take a look at this video for a statewide tour:
More to Explore
More Arkansas Adventures
Where can we find haunted cemeteries in Arkansas?
- The Fredonia Cemetery in Mountain View is where some visitors say they hear voices and strange noises coming from seemingly nowhere.
- The Mount Holly Cemetery in Little Rock is said to have ghosts of Native Americans and Confederate soldiers roaming around.
- Keller’s Chapel and Cemetery in Jonesboro is where people have heard the wails of a baby and other eerie happenings.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other haunted cemeteries in Arkansas.
Where can we find botanical gardens in Arkansas?
- The Botanical Garden of the Ozarks in Fayetteville features a dozen differently themed gardens sprawled out over 44 acres.
- The Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs extends over 210 acres and includes a treehouse and fairy village.
- The Peel Museum and Botanical Garden in Bentonville has a 2.5-acre property made up of over a half dozen gardens.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful botanical gardens in Arkansas.
Where can we find small towns in Arkansas?
- The downtown area of Hardy is dotted with specialty boutiques, galleries, and artisan shops.
- Established as a railroad town, Mena is home to the Talimena National Scenic Byway.
- Jasper is known as Arkansas' Elk Capital and home to several scenic byways and historic landmark
Read on to learn more about some of the many other charming small towns in Arkansas.