8 Gorgeous Frozen Waterfalls In Arkansas That Must Be Seen To Be Believed
Winter in Arkansas presents the perfect opportunity for exploring the state’s waterfalls. Yes, that’s right; winter is the perfect time to check out some of the lovely waterfalls in Arkansas. When the chill is in the air, we suggest you get out and tour frozen Arkansas waterfalls – it’s a great way to cure the cabin fever that usually comes along with colder temperatures. After one visit, you’ll long for frigid winters in Arkansas that turn our falls into icy beauties.
Most of the following falls are on more remote trails, so be sure to research the area thoroughly before setting out on a hike.
So, what do you think? After viewing these frozen waterfalls in Arkansas, are you longing for a white winter? What’s your favorite thing to do during winter in Arkansas? Know of any other stunning Arkansas waterfalls? Tell us!
Plan on visiting any of these frozen waterfalls in Arkansas? Check out VRBO before heading out to find the perfect accommodations.
Can’t get enough of Arkansas winters? Check out our past article on a record-breaking winter storm in Arkansas.
More to Explore
Waterfalls In Arkansas
What are some of the most beautiful waterfalls in Arkansas?
There are several beautiful waterfalls in Arkansas. Here are some Arkansas waterfalls that are considered some of the most beautiful in the state:
- Triple Falls: The aptly named Triple Falls is a series of three cascading waterfalls on the Buffalo National River. It's known for its tranquil beauty.
- Eden Falls: Located in Lost Valley, part of Buffalo National River, Eden Falls is a beautiful waterfall that can be accessed through a relatively short and easy hike.
- Mirror Lake and Falls: Mirror Lake is a serene mountain lake, and nearby you can find a small waterfall. The reflections in the lake add to the scenic beauty of the area.
What are some fun things to do during winter in Arkansas?
There are a variety of activities to enjoy during winter in Arkansas. Here are some fun things to do during winter in Arkansas:
- Winter Hiking: Many of Arkansas's state parks and natural areas are open year-round, providing excellent opportunities for winter hikes.
- Hot Springs National Park: The thermal waters in Hot Springs National Park are perfect for a relaxing soak, especially in the colder months. You can visit the historic Bathhouse Row and enjoy the rejuvenating hot springs.
- Winter Festivals and Events: From holiday parades to light displays and beyond, there are often lots of festive activities to enjoy during winter in Arkansas.