Any travels or trips to the Natural State really wouldn’t be complete without a night’s stay at a cozy bed & breakfast. It’s a no-brainer when you consider the only other option is an impersonal chain hotel. Arkansas is home to many “homes away from home” with great bed and breakfast guest houses across the state that serve up Southern hospitality and are sure to make company feel comfortable.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
26. 5 Ojos Bed and Breakfast: This gorgeous location has 9 rooms and features two historic homes (built in 1887) as well as two cottages in the Historic District of Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
The Ojo House includes 4 of the location's guest rooms and suites. The Sweet House offers two suites. The Willow Cottage, Hideaway and Carriage House cottages are perfect for a more secluded getaway at this Eureka Springs inn.
25. 1889 Spring Street Inn: This Hot Springs inn specializes in a relaxing environment with beautiful antique furnishings, fascinating history, and a wonderful view of Hot Springs Mountain.
First class amenities and service are offered with a gourmet breakfast served each morning. The Inn features six guest rooms including spacious suites in the Main House & an exclusive Carriage House with private entrances.
24. 11 Singleton House Bed & Breakfast: This Eureka Springs bed & breakfast is an old-fashioned place with just the right amount of quirkiness and has been a Eureka Springs lodging favorite for over 29 years.
Sheltering an award winning American in Bloom garden on a hillside in Eureka's Historic District, the inn is only a one block scenic walk to the shops, galleries, spas & cafes.
23. Diamond Oaks Inn: Three guest rooms at this Murfreesboro bed and breakfast are named in honor of the famous Hot Springs hotels: The Arlington, The Majestic, and The Velda Rose. All have separate baths and king and/or queen beds and satellite TV.
Breakfast is served at Buddy's Ranch House Cafe, a short drive from the house, where Buddy's "Soon to be World Famous" chicken fried steak is the highlight the menu.
22. The Gables Inn: Come experience the romance and charm of this beautifully restored 1905 Victorian home in Hot Springs, voted "Most Romantic" B & B and "Best Breakfast Overall" out of thousands of inns around the world.
This luxurious and affordable National Register Landmark is filled with beautiful stained glass, antiques, family heirlooms, and graced with much attention to fine detail.
21. Fool's Cove Ranch: This rustic country farm in Kingston, Arkansas has two guest rooms with a shared bath and one guest room with private bath. Well-behaved pets are acceptible with prior notice.
A pond is on premises for fishing and there's a hot tub on deck; the ranch also features nature trails and the Bradshaw Mountain Observatory.
20. Tiffany's Bed and Breakfast: Located in Bismarck, Arkansas, Tiffany's is an all non-smoking Hot Springs, Arkansas area bed and breakfast that features 60 acres of hills and trees.
The remnants of the former Point Cedar Mine are located on the property; guests are welcomed to learn the history of the facility, spend time shopping in nearby Hot Springs, or go fishing in nearby Degray Lake.
19. Mountain Memories Bed and Breakfast: The all new rock and cedar construction at this Mountain Home bed and breakfast features 3 unique rooms within the spacious inn. The romantic Island Cottage and pool have also been renovated.
Mountain Memories is located just minutes from Lake Norfork and convenient to Bull Shoals and the world famous White River. Walk to dinner at Fred's Fish House, one of the favorite local restaurants in Mountain Home.
18. The Elms Plantation: Huge old pecan trees line the drive to this English-Louisiana, raised cottage style lodge built in Altheimer, Arkansas in 1886; the house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Guests can choose from five lodges plus two corporate lodges at this location; The Elms also offers a 16-acre fishing lake stocked with catfish and bass as well as custom duck hunts.
17. Five Points Lake Hamilton: Located in Hot Springs, these circa late '30s and '40s rustic cabins feature modern amenities and fully equipped kitchens.
Five Points Lake Hamilton can be found at 155 Five Points Road in Hot Springs. Pets are allowed with a fee.
16. Country Charm: Located in Bismarck, Arkansas, this bed and breakfast features the Garden Suite where you may enjoy a quiet, romantic stay. The suite is 1,000 square feet. A private hot tub can be found on the covered porch.
The Country Charm amenities include a jaccuzi tub, a shower tub, a TV, and Continental Breakfast. The bedroom, bath, sitting, and dining areas are all private.
15. Mountain Water Cabins at Beaver Lake: This scenic location is seven miles from historic downtown Rogers, Arkansas.
Mountain Water Cabin's main attraction is beautiful Beaver Lake, where fishing, boating, swimming, and kayaking are popular.
14. The White River Inn: This custom-designed luxury bed & breakfast lodge in Cotter, AR features fixed glass showers and Jacuzzi tubs along with leather and custom mission-style furniture.
The White River Inn also has an outdoor hot tub and offers guided fly fishing trips on the White River.
13. The Victoria Bed and Breakfast: A combination of old world style and charm and modern luxury, this 5,000 square foot Victorian style locale adjoins the pedestrian entrance to the world class Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
Located in Bentonville, Arkansas, The Victoria is a quick two blocks from Bentonville's Downtown Square.
12. Evening Shade Inn: Located near Beaver Lake and Kings River, the cottages and suites at Evening Shade, Arkansas bed & breakfast are suited with king beds, Jacuzzis for two, fireplaces, refrigerators, microwaves, and cable television.
Sustainable ecological practices at the Evening Shade Inn include energy conservation, recycling bins, recyclable disposables, and water conservation.
11. Mountain Thyme Bed and Breakfast: Located in Jessieville, 18 miles north of Hot Springs, this 8-room inn was designed and built as a place for ultimate relaxation and tranquility.
Mountain Thyme Bed and Breakfast is situated on nine wooded acres just outside the Ouachita National Forest.
10. Country Oaks Bed and Breakfast: Located on the peaceful outskirts of Mountain View, this 69-acre farm has an estate like setting with 6-acre private lake fishing.
Country Oaks features over two miles of hiking trails on the property along with eight large luxurious guestrooms decorated with antiques.
9. Miss Martha's Pine Hill Bed and Breakfast: This Cabot bed and breakfast offers guests a cottage with a complete kitchen, laundry, living room, fireplace, and large marble shower.
Greystone Golf Course is one mile from Miss Martha's bed and breakfast, which sits on 100 acres of peaceful land.
8. Captain Henderson's House: This Victorian-era home of Charles Henderson, namesake of Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, has seven guest rooms, two of which are suites.
King and queen beds are available for guests; a full breakfast served in the dining room or sunroom; Captain Henderson's Hourse is available for receptions, weddings, meetings, and parties.
7. Arsenic & Old Lace Bed and Breakfast: Considered by many as the premier bed and breakfast in Eureka Springs, this locale has private hillside setting in the Historic District, close to downtown shops and restaurants.
Arsenic & Old Lace itself is a Victorian mansion with luxurious accommodations featuring Jacuzzis, spa showers, fireplaces, breakfasts, and romantic get-a-way packages.
6. An Enchanted Evening: Located in Roland, Arkansas - just outside of Little Rock - An Enchanting Evening was the first licensed, small farm winery in Little Rock in over 70 years.
Cabin amenities at this bed and breakfast inlcude a unique hand hammered copper double slipper tub with views of Pinnacle Mountain, a remote controlled gas fireplace, a leather king size sleigh bed with the finest linens, an entertainment system with a DVD player and flat screen TV, towels and luxurious bath robes, and a quality supply of candles, bath salts, and toiletries.
5. The Queen Anne House: The Queen Anne House is an elegantly restored two story Victorian Home nestled in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, only blocks from the historic town square of Harrison, Arkansas.
The Queen Anne is conveniently located near the Buffalo National River as well as Branson, Missouri, and Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Guests are certain to enjoy the stained glass windows, the Infinity spa hot tub, claw foot tubs and showers, beautiful gardens, a large wrap around front porch with rockers, an enclosed glass solarium, a beautifully ornate fireplace, and period antiques.
4. Heartstone Inn: This beautifully restored Victorian B and B located on the Historic Loop is professionally operated and renowned for providing the finest facilities and personalized service in Eureka Springs.
Your day starts out enjoying an extraordinary full breakfast served at your own private table in the beautiful dining room. Your well appointed accommodation includes the finest luxury amenities offered in the lodging industry.
3. Mount Victoria Bed and Breakfast: Having the proud distinction of Eureka Springs's most awarded bed and breakfast, Mount Victioria is an elegantly restored 1902 Colonial Revival located on the prestigious Historic Loop.
Guests may enjoy the elegantly comfortable first floor "Fairmount Social Suite" to play cards, socialize, enjoy a glass of wine before dinner, or watch a Football game on the 42" high definition television.
2. Buffalo River Lodge: This romantic log-lodge bed and breakfast inn located in Yellville features a waterfall and koi pond, beautiful landscaping with two guest rooms, and three honeymoon suites, all with private baths. Some rooms have a fireplace, hot tubs, or Jacuzzi bathtubs for two.
Canoe, horseback riding, guided fishing trips, and massages are available.
1. Lookout Point Lakeside Inn: This Hot Springs location spoils you from the first moment of arrival. An exceptional inn of obvious distinction, Lookout Point Lakeside Inn is is famous for comprehensive pampering, luxury, peace and tranquility.
Located along a tranquil bay of scenic Lake Hamilton with the Ouachita Mountains in the distance, every room enjoys an inspiring view.
Where are some other cozy bed and breakfasts across Arkansas where you’ve had a chance to unwind? Be sure to leave a comment on a great bed & breakfast you’ve discovered somewhere in the Natural State!