Donuts, cookies, coffee, cakes, pies…we need them in our lives! Arkansans love to cook, and baking is one of our more brag-worthy specialties. There are very few bakeries in Arkansas that identify themselves merely as a donut shop. These cafes and eateries in the Natural State serve some of the best pastries you’ll find in the nation.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
37. Spudnut Shoppe Company in El Dorado: This bakery specializes in potato flour donuts, plus they also serve coffee, croissants & baked goods here.
Spudnut Shoppe Company is located at 810 West Faulkner Street in El Dorado.
36. Spudnut Shop in Magnolia: Once part of a chain much like the Spudnut bakery in El Dorado, these once popular alternatives to regular flour are still available though becoming rare across the US.
A large chain of Spudnut shops once existed, stretching from coast to coast, Alaska to Mexico. Although there are less shops to be found, many people became devoted fans of Spudnuts.
35. Si's Coffee House and Paradise Donuts in Hot Springs: Locals say this is the place to go for donuts and excellent service in the Hot Springs area.
Si's is located at 3308 Central Avenue in Hot Springs.
34. Sweet Boutique in Van Buren: This sweet spot prides itself on being "uniquely delicious" and also delivers specialty and custom pastries throughout northwest Arkansas.
Sweet Boutique is located in Van Buren at Cloverleaf Plaza.
33. pattiCakes in Conway: Also known as "The Stoby's Bakery" because of its location in town (the former Stoby's Restaurant building), pattiCakes prides itself on being a "scratch bakery" serving custom cakes and cupcakes.
pattiCakes is located on 2106 Robinson Avenue in Conway.
32. Old Tyme Donuts in Bentonville and Springdale: Try the apple fritter at this locally owned and family operated haven of deliciousness!
The pumpkin spice cake donuts are a popular choice in autumn.
31. Mark's Do-Nut Shop in North Little Rock: Many of us from around downtown Little Rock can remember taking a quick trip across the bridge and eating here as a kid before a visit to Burns Park - that's the staying power of this great little bakery!
Mark's Do-Nut Shop is located at 4015 Camp Robinson Road in North Little Rock.
30. Magnolia Bake Shop in Magnolia: This bakery has been in business since 1928 and operated by the same family for 3 generations.
Located in Magnolia's downtown square, this bakery is Arkansas’s oldest, best known for its rich layered cakes.
29. Lybrand's Bakery & Deli in Pine Bluff: Established in 1946, this beloved establishment serves breakfast and lunch with friendly service.
Lybrand's has two locations - the original in Pine Bluff and Lybrand's Too in Dollarway.
28. Julie's Sweet Shoppe in Conway: Breakfast is a popular time of day at this quaint little spot in Conway. Try the blueberry fritter!
Julie's Sweet Shoppe is located at 201 Skyline Drive in Conway.
27. Jeri-Lin Donuts in Blytheville: The cinnamon rolls and creme-filled donuts here are absolute excellence.
Jeri-Lin Donuts is located at 840 North 10th Street in Blytheville.
26. Irish Maid Donuts in Pine Bluff and Fort Smith: Try the cinnamon twists or the chocolate-filled donuts!
Irish Maid Donuts has a Pine Bluff location at 2320 South Blake Street and a Fort Smith location at the Phoenix Village Mall.
25. Howard's Do-Nuts in West Memphis: This shop does donuts and ONLY donuts, and they do donuts well! Try the red velvet donut or blueberry cake donut - soft & topped with cream!
Howard's Do-Nuts is located in West Memphis, Arkansas at 1711 North Missouri Street.
24. Ed's Custom Bakery in Conway: I'm indeed biased, but with good reason - Ed's is the best bakery in Conway. EVERYTHING is highly recommended, especially the cookies!
Ed's Custom Bakery is located at 256 West Oak Street in Conway.
23. Batten's Donuts & Bakery in Paragould: This full service bakery has been in business since 1954. Try the fried pies!
Batten's Donuts and Bakery is located on West Kings Highway in Paragould.
22. Bradley's Donuts in Farmington: Many claim Bradley's has the best old-fashioned donuts in northwest Arkansas and the apple fritters here are also prize-worthy.
Bradley's Donuts is located at 56 Yukon Way in Farmington, Arkansas.
21. Dale's Donuts in Benton: People love the maple-flavored donuts here! The strawberry-iced donuts are also highly recommended - get here early because the joint is jumping around 6:30 in the morning!
Dale's Donut Shop is located at 919 Military Rd in Benton.
20. Golden Kolache in Johnson: Known as the Home of the Bunsters breakfast sandwiches, this home style bakery also serves a variety of awesome kolaches and great pecan rolls.
Golden Kolache is located in Johnson, Arkansas (just north of Fayetteville), Arkansas, on Main Drive, between Elmore Street & Karrington Lane.
19. Wooden Spoon in Gentry: Built originally as a horse barn in central Michigan prior to 1870, the original building was dismantled and moved to Gentry, Arkansas. This restaurant offers excellent desserts, including its well-known pies and cakes. Try the bumblebee pie!
The Wooden Spoon is located at 1000 South Gentry Boulevard in Gentry, Arkansas.
18. Mylo Coffee Company in Little Rock: The coffee, bread, and pastries here are handcrafted & sustainably-sourced. Try the delicious macaroons!
The Mylo Coffee Company is located at 2715 Kavanaugh Boulevard in Little Rock.
17. Cafe on Broadway in Siloam Springs: This tasty little cafe has been going since 2006. Try the flourless brownies!
The Cafe on Broadway is located at the corner of University and Broadway in downtown Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
16. Fayetteville Pastry Shop in Fayetteville: This pastry shop operates by apppointment only on Monday through Wednesday; the Passion Fruit Meringue Tarts and other specially designed cakes and pastries are lauded here; the delicious cinnamon rolls are recommended!
The Fayetteville Pastry Shop is located at 6315 West Wedington Drive in Fayetteville.
15. Cakes by Sam in Cabot and Jacksonville: Try the Banana Caramel cupcake, the Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcake, or the German Chocolate cupcake - you'll love them all. The cookies here are excellent as well!
Cakes by Sam has a Cabot location at 2401 West Highway 89 and a Jacksonville location at 1212 John Harden Drive.
14. Ann Potter Baking in Little Rock: Order specialty cookies, cakes, and pastries from this online gem!
Ann Potter Bakery, based out of Little Rock, Arkansas, is an Etsy-order business where pastries are custom made and shipped across the US.
13. Pour Jon's in Siloam Springs: This eclectic spot serves good, strong coffee and fresh pastries. Try the "duffins" (donut muffins) baked by fellow Siloam Springs eatery 28 Springs for this location!
Pour Jon's is located at 223 North Wright Street in Siloam Springs.
12. Savoy Tea Company in Fayetteville: Try the assortment of uniquely-flavored cupcakes at this tearoom known for its exquisite and rare blends of fine tea!
The Savoy Tea Company is located in the Pinnacle Hills Promenade in Fayetteville.
11. Cupcakes at Kavanaugh in Little Rock: Eat a cupcake! Try the Razorback Red Velvet, the Black Tie Affair, the Strawberry Swirl, or the Nutty Irishman cupcakes! The bakery also specializes in mini-cakes as well.
Cupcakes at Kavanaugh is exactly where you thought it might be! It's located on 5625 Kavanaugh Boulevard in Little Rock
10. ONYX Coffee Lab in Fayetteville and Springdale: Gluten-free pastries are an available option at this awesome coffee house. Try the raspberry muffin - the berries are exceptionally fresh!
The Fayeteville Onyx Coffee Lab is located at 2418 North Gregg Avenue while the Springdale location is at 7058 West Sunset Avenue.
9. Silvek's European Bakery in Little Rock: This bakery offers delectable baked goods prepared in the classical European style.
Silvek's is located at 1900 North Polk Street in Little Rock (more specifically it's inside the Kroger's on Cantrell).
8. Brown Sugar Bakeshop in Little Rock: This wonderful little bakery offers a plethora of gourmet desserts made in an old-fashioned way with a modern touch.
The Brown Sugar Bakeshop is located at 419 East 3rd Street in Little Rock.
7. Little Bread Company in Fayetteville: Try the chocolate croissants or the cinnamon rolls here! The almond croissants are also excellent.
The Little Bread Company is located at 116 North Block Street in Fayetteville.
6. Dempsey Bakery in Little Rock: This eatery specializes in gluten-free baking. Try the Hot Milk Bread or the Pumpkin Bread!
Dempsey Bakery is located at 323 Cross Street in Little Rock.
5. Briar Rose Bakery in Farmington: This whimsical locale is designed around a fairy-tale theme. Try the cheesecake here; the whipped cream is absolutely fresh!
The Briar Rose Bakery is located in Farmington, Arkansas at 28 East Main Street.
4. Stone Mill Bread & Flour Company in Fayetteville: Try the pumpkin bread or the white chocolate raspberry scones!
The Stone Mill Bread and Flour Company is located at 2600 North Gregg Avenue in Fayetteville.
3. Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville: Rick's serves all of northwest Arkansas with assortments of donuts, pastries, decorated cakes and cookies.
Considered one of the 'go-to' bakeries in NW Arkansas, Rick's Bakery is located in the Colonial Village Shopping Center in Fayetteville.
2. Community Bakery in Little Rock: This is where most of us in Little Rock *really* wake up in the morning. The variety of donuts here is amazing. Try the petit fours!
This capital city favorite is located at 1200 Main Street.
1. Cabot Cafe & Cake Corner in Cabot: If you're looking for moist, delicious fresh made cupcakes, then this is the place for you! Try the all-natural cheesecake here. The espresso is wonderful as well!
The Cabot Cafe & Cake Corner is rapidly getting attention around central Arkansas and can be found at 107 Plaza Boulevard in Cabot.
Even though this is a comprehensive list of baked treats, there are still plenty of other new and hidden places around Arkansas where people love to indulge their sweet tooth.