Arizona July 25, 2015
15 Undeniable Ways You Know You’re From The State Of Arizona
Sometimes it takes traveling to realize how much we embody our home. When was the last time you traveled out of state, to some place that was the complete opposite of Arizona, only to find that you don’t fit in? Or, perhaps, you realize that you’ve been staring at something in awe that everyone else finds completely normal. Don’t worry, it’s happened to plenty of us Arizonans.
Here are just a handful of ways that show you that you are one-hundred percent from Arizona. Apologies in advance if some are more Phoenix-centric than others.
1. You marvel at the amount of greenery that can be found everywhere except the Southwest.
Yeah, we have green forests but not to the degree as, say, the Pacific Northwest. Those forests can make the Mogollon Rim look sparse.
2. You don’t flinch when the weather forecaster says the day’s high will be 95 degrees.
3. You will, however, opt to wear a second layer when the temperatures are 68.
That can be a cold day for a native Phoenician!
4. Rain of any amount demands notice and a picture.
Yeah, remember that day when you felt, like, eight drops fall from the sky? You probably told someone that was a storm.
5. Actually, any kind of precipitation demands a photo.
Pics or it didn’t happen.
6. You also probably avoid being in the streets when it rains.
Suddenly, a whole lot of people forget how to drive.
7. Even on a cloudy day, you'll probably look for a shady spot to park.
8. Observing daylight savings time when you travel to other Mountain Time Zone states annoys you.
9. You roll your eyes when people tell you their favorite part of Arizona is the Grand Canyon or Scottsdale.
Did they not go anywhere else? But in all honesty, you also know that the Grand Canyon, when you finally get around to seeing it, is a true beauty.
10. You seriously question a person’s food knowledge when they tell you their favorite place to go for Mexican food is Taco Bell.
Okay, that one was an easy shot.
11. You also hold a serious opinion about the quality of a restaurant’s salsa.
I was once served “salsa” at an out-of-state restaurant that constituted mashed tomatoes sprinkled with chile powder.
12. You probably have a bottle of hot sauce or salsa sitting in your fridge at home or at the office.
13. You know better than to touch hot metal with a bare hand.
Grab the car door with your shirt if an oven mitt isn’t handy.
14. You have a distinct opinion about border and immigration issues.
15. You have a strong opinion about whether or not you’ll cheer on the Cardinals this fall.
Are you going to support the home team or some state you’ve never visited?
What other ways have you realized that you’re truly from Arizona? Tell us in the comments below!