Just 2 Hours From Phoenix, The Small Town Of Jerome Is Perfect For An Arizona Day Trip
Day trips are perfect for when you need a change of scenery but don’t have the time to take a full-blown vacation. One of the best day trips in Arizona is Jerome, a former copper mining boomtown situated on a hilltop overlooking the Verde Valley. Between its rich history, supposed hauntings, and a plethora of charming shops, restaurants, and other attractions, it’s perfect for a quick visit!
Explore the beautiful town of Jerome in this wonderful 4k video tour:
Have you ever been to Jerome? If so, what’s your favorite thing about the town? Tell us in the comments! Don’t forget to check out our previous article for more epic day trips in Arizona.
More to Explore
How Far Is Jerome From Phoenix?
- How far is Jerome from Phoenix?
Jerome is an amazing ghost town in Arizona located 110 miles away from Phoenix. Depending on which part of the Valley you start in (and which route you take), reaching Jerome from Phoenix usually takes about two to two and a half hours. While in Jerome, be sure to check out other neighboring historic towns like Cottonwood and Sedona.
- What are some other excellent ideas for the best day trips in AZ?
The state of Arizona might just be one of the best in the entire nation for day trips. We have an endless list of ideas for some truly amazing day trips in AZ and some of our favorite options include:
- Day hikes – spend the whole day on a trail! We suggest amazing ones like Kachina Trail, near Flagstaff, West Fork Trail, in Sedona, and Bright Angel Trail at the Grand Canyon.
- State and National Parks – with 31 state parks and three National Parks to choose from, the perfect day trip is just a short drive (and adventure) away.
- Route 66 – Part of the famous drive cuts right through northern Arizona, so why not drive the whole thing?
- Food and drink – We dare you to put together a “best Mexican food in Arizona” day trip. Seriously. It’s probably the best thing you’ll ever do.
Learn more about the endless possibilities for Arizona day trips that you’ll never forget.
- Which other small towns in Arizona are worth visiting?
Jerome is wonderful, but it’s far from the only small town in AZ that’s worth visiting (or turning into a day trip). Some of the other small towns in Arizona definitely worth a day trip to are:
- Tempe – With endless shopping and restaurants, this one’s excellent for a whole weekend.
- Sedona – If this isn't the most beautiful small town you’ve ever been to, we don’t know what possibly could be.
- Flagstaff – Who says you can’t have a small mountain town in Arizona? That’s this one.
- Sonoita – Did you know Arizona has wine country? Yep. Head to Sonoita (and neighboring Elgin) for some top-notch wineries.
Learn more about the most amazing small towns in Arizona.