Indian Maiden Falls is a 7-Mile Trail In Arizona That Leads Adventurers To A Little-Known Waterfall
If you’re in search of the best hikes in Arizona, it’s hard to beat this one. Nestled deep within the West Clear Creek Wilderness, Indian Maiden Falls via West Clear Creek Trail not only leads to a stunningly beautiful waterfall but also boasts gorgeous views all along the way. It isn’t an easy hike by any stretch of the imagination, but it is one of the best hikes near Camp Verde, AZ and the difficulty (combined with the relatively secluded location) means you’ll encounter far fewer people than some of our state’s easier – and thus, more popular – waterfall trails. Come out to Indian Maiden Falls in Arizona… if you dare! It’s one of the best waterfall hikes in Arizona.
Make sure to begin your hike early – it’s an all-day affair, and the last thing you want is to be caught in the wilderness after dark. Also, you’ll likely need a high-clearance vehicle to access the trailhead, as the road is very rocky at points.
Need somewhere to stay while you’re here? Check out all the amazing offerings from our friends at VRBO. Have you ever embarked on one of the best waterfall hikes in Arizona? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments. Don’t forget to check out our previous article for a nearby national monument where you can marvel at an ancient cliff dwelling in Arizona.
More to Explore
Indian Maiden Falls
Are there many waterfalls in Arizona?
Sure, Arizona is mostly desert, but believe it or not we’ve got more than a handful of notable and photo-worthy waterfalls. Though the exact number of waterfalls in AZ is unknown, we DO know of the existence of no less than 30 all over the state. Some of the most notable waterfalls in Arizona include:
- Havasupai Falls – This incredible waterfall requires an 11-mile hike to reach, but it’s worth it for the overwhelming beauty of it all. This is one of the most photographed locations in Arizona.
- Fossil Creek Falls – This small waterfall is a sign that you’ve successfully reached your destination on one of the two legendary Fossil Creek trails.
- Seven Falls – This waterfall is also reached by a hike; this hike happens to be one of the most popular hikes in southern Arizona and the falls are worth it!
Learn more about some of our favorite waterfalls in Arizona.
What are some of the best hikes in Arizona?
Arizona is a hiker’s paradise for sure. There’s no limit to the incredible hiking trails all over the state, and here you’ll find some of the most popular hikes in the United States. Check out:
- Bright Angel Trail – Often considered the hardest trail in Arizona, this lengthy challenge into the Grand Canyon is not to be underestimated.
- West Fork Trail – This trail is located in Oak Creek Canyon and frequently makes “best of” lists on various sites and blogs. This is for a reason: it’s INCREDIBLE.
- Kachina Trail – This stunning forest hike is one of the most beautiful in Arizona, and it’s not overly difficult. You’ll find yourself surrounded by beautiful aspen and rolling hills in no time.
Learn more about life in Oak Creek Canyon.
Which hiking trails in Arizona belong on my bucket list?
Honestly, all the hikes mentioned above, of course! That being said, there are lots you could add to that list. Other bucket list hikes in AZ are ones like:
- Devil’s Bridge Trail – This hike in Sedona is absolutely iconic thanks to its red rocks and photogenic nature.
- Camelback Mountain – This metro Phoenix area hike is difficult, but it’s worth it just for the amazing city views.
- Horseshoe Bend Trail – This hike is also iconic; no doubt you’ve seen countless photos of Horseshoe Bend before, but this super short and easy hike is worth it to get your own.
Learn more about the best hikes in Arizona.