Ranked One Of The Best Kid-Friendly Hikes In Arizona, Have Fun Exploring This Waterfall Trail In Prescott National Forest
If you’re looking for an outdoor adventure the whole family can enjoy, we’ve got just the place! Wolf Creek Falls Trail is a 0.9-mile loop trail in the Prescott National Forest that’s perfect for kids and pets. The scenery is gorgeous throughout the entire hike, but the huge waterfall at the end is truly something special. This is definitely one of the best hikes in Arizona! Check it out:
This wondrous video shows off the pristine beauty of Wolf Creek Falls:
Visit the AllTrails page to learn more about this amazing hike (with lots more pictures), and if you like what you see, you might want to amp up your hiking game with AllTrails+. Have you ever hiked to Wolf Creek Falls? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience! Need more? Check out our favorite waterfall hikes in Arizona – good luck deciding on a favorite!
Are there any restaurants, businesses, or other attractions in Arizona you think the world should know about? Head over to our nomination page and give them a shoutout — you just might see your submission featured in an upcoming article!
More to Explore
Best Hikes in Arizona
What are some awesome scenic hikes in Arizona?
Arizona is easily one of the best states in the entire country for hikers and those who love scenic hikes. There are hundreds and hundreds of trails to choose from in the Copper State, and the majority of those are incredibly scenic.
- Some of our favorite scenic hikes in Arizona include the amazing Devil’s Bridge Trail, nestled within Coconino National Forest. It’s 3.8 miles long and rated as moderate; the sights along the way make the potential challenges worth it.
- If you prefer to stay closer to the Phoenix Metro, you’ll want to hike Camelback Mountain via the Echo Canyon Trail, which can be found at the Echo Canyon Recreational Area. It’s two and a half miles long, and it’s rated as hard – so that’s one for skilled hikers to try out.
- Something a little easier – but just as scenic – is the West Fork Trail, which can be found within Oak Creek Canyon and is one of the most popular hikes in the country. It’s 6.5 miles long and rated as moderate; it’s appropriate for most hikers of all skill levels.
Need some more ideas? Check out this list of 12 awesome Arizona hikes – one for every month of the year.
What are the best easy hikes in Arizona?
With an incredibly vast array of hiking trails in Arizona to choose from, it’s hard to know where to begin. Why not start with some awesome easy hikes and go from there?
- We love easy and scenic hikes like the world-famous Horseshoe Bend Trail, which you can find at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. This easy, one-and-a-half-mile hike leads you to one of Arizona’s most iconic natural landmarks – that one is a can’t-miss!
- Another great easy trail in Arizona is the Seven Sacred Pools via Soldier Pass Trail, in beautiful Sedona. That one’s just over a mile long and it’s INTENSELY beautiful – bring a camera! You’ll regret it if you don’t.
- Other favorites include Antelope Canyon, near Page, and Hole in the Rock, which is in Papago Park and great for folks looking for easy, metro-area hikes around Phoenix.