Arizona April 14, 2016
16 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Arizona
I have written 300 articles for Only In Arizona and I have to say that even after writing about our state every day for this long, I still love this state. There’s no other place I would ever call home and I’m sure many of you feel the same way. So let’s take a few minutes to reflect on some of the things that remind us why Arizona is such an incredible place to call home.
1. Arizona is home to some of the most photogenic, spectacular views the world has ever seen.
And to think that in some cases they are literally right in our backyard!
2. Plus, we're blessed to have views like this…
3. ...and this as well:
4. To go with those views are the amounts of open, undeveloped areas.
Viewing nature that appears to be almost untouched is incredible and something I think a lot of us easily take for granted.
5. The vast starry skies here are unbeatable.
The best time and place to see more stars than you would ever imagine? Northern Arizona in the winter. Yes, brave those freezing temperatures.
6. Our food is pretty awesome, too, and it's always something I miss whenever I travel.
Have you ever tried finding a decent Mexican restaurant to satisfy your cravings when you're outside of the Southwest? It's nearly impossible.
7. Where else would you find this?
Where's your favorite place to get a Sonoran hot dog?
8. There is history everywhere you go.
Nearly every inch of this land has a story attached to it, sometimes multiple stories with multiple perspectives.
9. The drive into just about any town in the state is awe-inducing.
You can't beat a view like that!
10. One of the best ways to experience all of these? Hiking is a great option.
This gives you an intimate view of the land. How else are you going to see a view like this in person?
11. Driving our highways is another great way to experience the vast openness of Arizona.
12. Arizona even looks good from the air!
13. We have a funny side, like how some of us decorate for the holidays.
14. Arizona is home to one of the most haunted towns in the country.
15. It's also home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World: the Grand Canyon.
Just one of the many reasons to be proud of this state.
16. There's nothing quite like coming home.
Whenever I see a "Welcome to Arizona" sign, I know that I'm home.
Why else do you call Arizona home?