The Mather Campground May Just Be The Disneyland Of Arizona Campgrounds
Even tent camping doesn’t have to mean “roughing it” – at least, not when you stay at the Mather Campground in Arizona. Boasting a variety of amenities you won’t typically find at a campground (such as a laundry room), this little oasis is one of the best campgrounds in Arizona, and it makes a trip to the Grand Canyon even more memorable than it already is.
Nightly rates vary, though they stay pretty affordable year-round. Visit the National Park Service website for more information and the most up-to-date rates.
This short video reviews all the must-know aspects of the campground, so give it a look:
Have you ever stayed at the Mather Campground? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience! Tell us in the comments below. Don’t forget to check out our previous article for more of the best campgrounds in Arizona that promise an unforgettable stay.
More to Explore
- Where can I go tent camping in Arizona?
Arizona is an absolutely spectacular state for camping short-term or long-term. There are literally hundreds – if not more – of amazing places to go camping in Arizona, and most of those places allow for tent camping. Some of our favorite places to go tent camping in Arizona include:
- Aravaipa Canyon – This gorgeous canyon camping zone is limited to just 50 campers per night to preserve its wilderness. It’s an amazing place for primitive camping.
- Blue Ridge Campground – This gorgeous, secluded campground in Arizona has ten stunning campsites and does not take reservations, so you’ll want to arrive early.
- Hazlett Hollow Campground – You’ll need a high-clearance vehicle to reach this gorgeous, small, remote campground, but it’s worth the effort to pitch a tent here.
Learn more about the best places to go primitive tent camping in Arizona.
- Where are some of the best places to camp in AZ?
Of course, the best places to camp in AZ aren’t limited to the short list above – there are literally hundreds more in just about every corner of the state. Some other excellent places to camp in AZ are campgrounds like:
- Cattail Cove – If you’re a fan of camping on the beach, you’ll love Cattail Cove, which is a gorgeous campground nestled right up on Lake Havasu.
- Hawley Lake – This stunning campground is located in the White Mountains and is absolutely beautiful. P;us, another place where you can camp on a beach!
- Patagonia Lake State Park – Keeping with the “by the water” theme, this amazing Arizona state park is home to tons of camping zones, most of which are near the lake.
Learn more about places in Arizona where you can go camping on the beach.
- Where else can I go camping in Arizona?
There are so many amazing places to go camping in Arizona that it’s impossible to mention them all in a few short paragraphs, but we’re not quite done yet. There are even more amazing places to go camping in AZ that are also worth mentioning here, such as:
- Ashurst Lake Campground - This gorgeous pondside campsite in Arizona is nearby the beautiful town of Flagstaff and offers some respite in the woods.
- Hannagan Meadow Campground – This stunning Arizona campground is located in Hannagan Meadow, which is one of the most beautiful and underrated areas in the entire Copper State.
Learn more about even MORE amazing campgrounds in Arizona.