Arizona September 28, 2016
10 Ways Living In Arizona Feels Like You’re On Vacation Every Day
There’s no feeling quite like that of being on vacation. You experience fewer stressed out moments, fewer responsibilities, and find more reasons to just sit back to enjoy the little experiences life has to offer. Vacation life is usually a happier life.
However, I don’t think you have to go away on vacation to experience that happy life more often. Take a couple of deep, concentrated breaths, look around, and you’ll find that life here in Arizona can be just as idyllic, relaxing, and fun. Here are a few ways that living in the Grand Canyon state can feel a bit like a vacation every day.
1. Let’s start with the obvious: Arizona is the REAL sunshine state.
Most people equate vacation with sunshine and, with
four cities that experience
the most sunny days in the country, I think it’s safe to say we deserve that title. Sunshine also apparently
makes you happier
just like you would be when on vacation.
2. Combine that with the spectacular scenery surrounding us and you’ve got a winner.
3. Explore the state by hiking one of our countless hiking trails.
Keep it short and sweet with a morning nature walk or push yourself by backpacking for days through our rugged wilderness. It’s your choice.
4. Or you can take a break by checking out our beaches, rivers, and lakes.
Chances are one of these options is within a short distance of your home so why not pay it a visit? Even 20 minutes spent to watch the sunset reflect in the rippling water is a life break well-spent.
5. Or you can just see that scenery from the view of your steering wheel.
Going for a long drive without a destination in mind
can be therapeutic
. It’s a chance to meditate, surround yourself with nature, and even have some fun with the winding roads.
Try it sometime
7. If you haven’t been in Arizona long or you’ve just been living under a rock, you can experience some of our state’s more traditional culture for the first time.
Visit a rodeo, pow wow, festival, and other Western activities to get a taste of a lifestyle different from your own.
6. We also have that “cultured” life for you members of the bourgeoisie.
Museums, plays, ballets, operas, symphonies, and art galleries. Take your pick and escape into another world for a few hours.
8. Arizona has amazing dishes that range from its Indigenous and Mexican roots to sophisticated plates that will dazzle your taste buds.
For me, a huge part of vacationing includes eating every chance I get. With a burgeoning foodie scene in many of our cities, Arizona is quickly turning into a must-eat food haven. Expand your horizons by trying out a new restaurant, cuisine, or dish.
9. When the sun goes down, the fun just gets started.
There’s a lot of naysayers who claim otherwise but Arizona has a thriving nightlife that includes clubs, concerts, cocktails, and other (legal) ways to reduce your stress.
10. Relax with a spa treatment for any budget.
Whether you decide to splurge on a weekend of massages, saunas, and facials at one of our resorts, get an afternoon massage, or just go for a dip in a natural hot spring, there are plenty of accessible ways to relax right here in Arizona.
If you feel like taking an actual break from everyday life while in Arizona—away from work and other stressors—then check out our article
Everyone From Arizona Should Take These 7 Awesome Vacations. You might find a few ideas to plan out your next vacation break.