Arizona July 24, 2017
11 Undying Habits That Prove You Can Never Take Arizona Out Of The Arizonan
There’s no denying that Arizona is a unique place to call home. The landscapes, weather, and people are diverse and so are the living experiences. Depending on where in Arizona you grew up—the city, rural areas, the reservations, in the desert, or in the forest—we’re sure that you’ve probably acquired a few of the following habits.
1. Since the monsoons are here, let’s start with this: you always take a moment to appreciate what little precipitation Arizona receives.
All rain is beautiful and welcome!
2. You know that in summer, hot water comes out of the cold tap.
I always get a searing reminder at the start of every summer.
3. One undying habit for those who grew up in the desert: shaking your shoes upside down before wearing.
Not all surprises are fun.
4. Finding the perfect parking space doesn’t always entail finding the closest spot.
Alas, there are no shaded parking spots here.
5. If you’re a native Arizonan, you know driving through a flash flood zone during storms is a no no.
Just don’t do it.
6. While we’re on the topic of driving, you know that the distances between cities and attractions are far.
I mean, if you really want to take a day trip from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon you can but that’s a ridiculous amount of driving.
7. Daylight Saving Time is a confusing concept.
Does time fall forward or fall back? I can never remember.
8. We know that a well-manicured landscape doesn’t need to include grass at all.
Xeriscaping can be beautiful.
9. We insist that no vista is complete without some mountain views on the horizon.
Did you know Arizona has 194 named mountain ranges?
10. We know the power of a beautiful sunset.
Is there anything more stunning than an Arizona sunset?
11. We also know that beauty can be seen up above as well.
When you leave the cities, the starry sky above is simply breathtaking. You may even spot the Milky Way!
What are some other odd (or, perhaps, not so odd) habits Arizonans have acquired from living here? We would love to hear your thoughts!
If you want to read more about what makes Arizona such a unique place, check out
Here Is Undeniable Proof Arizona Is Anything But Ordinary.