Arizona December 26, 2016
14 Things Every True Arizonan Does At Least Once Before They Die
The year 2017 is just days away. Have you started thinking about the goals you want to achieve for the new year? If you’re looking for some fun things to do, you might want to take a look at this list because we’re highlighting what we think every Arizonan should do at least once. Get ready to have some fun in the next year!
1. Pay a visit to our state treasure, the Grand Canyon.
Bonus points if this includes the North Rim or hiking down into the canyon.
2. Or maybe the Route 66 favorite, Petrified Forest.
You might have a petrified wood souvenir hanging out around the house.
3. Speaking of Route 66, I hope you’ve had the chance to enjoy a fun drive along our portion of Route 66.
There’s so many crazy and unique attractions to see!
4. For a beautiful, jaw-dropping drive, you
need to ride along State Route 89A from Prescott to Flagstaff.
It’s one gorgeous ride with landscapes that change frequently and takes you through some awesome little towns!
5. One more drive for your bucket list is Apache Trail if you’re looking for beautiful desert scenery.
Careful, it’s a bit of a white knuckle experience!
6. One Christmas tradition that many Arizonans have is eating incredible homemade tamales for dinner.
I need those.
7. On other days of the year, you could enjoy our signature dish: the chimichanga.
Do you prefer it wet or dry?
8. Okay, this one’s for the
real Arizonans: watch a few episodes of “The Wallace and Ladmo Show.”
Did you ever get a Ladmo bag? I’m just old enough to remember watching the show after school but you can still catch old episodes occasionally on local broadcast channels, the DVDs, or even Youtube.
9. Hiking one of the iconic mountains in your hometown.
Camelback Mountain, the San Francisco Peaks, or to Mount Lemmon. There’s plenty more places in between as well.
10. Visit the State Fair in October.
There’s more to it than the rides: rodeos, concerts, livestock shows, art contests, exhibitions, and, of course, the food!
11. Check out a Western tradition by watching a rodeo.
We recommend checking out the World’s Oldest Rodeo in Prescott.
12. Enjoy a beach day at one of our state’s many lakes.
Riverside adventures count as well.
13. Spend a weekend camping in our gorgeous forests, deserts, or mountains.
While you’re at it, enjoy watching the stars twinkle in some of the darkest skies in the country.
14. Get a portrait in front of an iconic Arizona landscape.
Whether it’s a quick snapshot while traveling or getting a professional portrait for next year’s Christmas card, this is something every Arizonan needs in their house.
What are some other things you think every Arizona has done (or should do) at least once?
If you want to cross one of those many “must-dos” off your list, we suggest starting by visiting Petrified Forest National Park. You can read about the park in our article,
The Alluring Park Along Route 66 That’s Full Of Unexpected And Ancient Beauty. You won’t regret a trip here!