Arizona March 20, 2016
10 Unforgettable Things You Must Add To Your Arizona Summer Bucket List
Spring is here and that means summer is just around the corner. Now is a good time to start planning your summer spree and we have some suggestions for what you should add to your list for Arizona this year. Check out our recommendations.
1. Tube down the Salt River.
This is a classic activity for Phoenix residents. Don't forget to load up on sunscreen and water!
2. Visit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
The North Rim is closed every winter and this area tends to see fewer tourists than the more accessible South Rim.
3. Go camping in the White Mountains.
Do you have a favorite spot to camp?
4. Ride the ski lift in Flagstaff.
Other locations to see the pines under you is at Sunrise Park Resort near Pinetop and the Mount Lemmon Ski Valley.
5. Fish at any of Arizona's many lakes.
Don't forget to get your permit beforehand through Arizona Game and Fish.
6. Visit Lava River Cave near Flagstaff for a chilly underground experience.
Temperatures can get down to 40 degrees here, so dress accordingly.
7. Go for a hike in Oak Creek Canyon.
This place is cool both in terms of its beauty and temperatures.
8. Cool off in one of Arizona's swimming holes, like Grasshopper Point in Oak Creek Canyon.
9. Spend a day (or two) hiking trails on the Mogollon Rim.
There are so many hiking trails to choose from, be sure to visit the National Forest website for maps.
10. While you're in the area, be sure to visit Tonto Natural Bridge and its seasonal waterfall.
What are some other must-do summer adventures you would suggest?