Arizona October 31, 2015
What These 16 Arizona Photographers Captured Will Blow You Away – Part 5
Welcome to yet another installment of our weekly reader photo submission posts! This week we received more amazing pictures from readers via email and the Facebook page. Check out what your fellow Arizonans saw this week!
1. Sabrina of Lake Havasu City is already looking forward to the city’s annual Hot Air Balloon Festival held every January. I would love to go as well!
2. Socorro in Tucson snapped a photo of this lovely sunset. I love the soft hues and how the sun rays peak over the mountain.
3. How many of you have had the opportunity to see the wild burros roaming through the state? These two were found wandering through the Lake Pleasant area.
4. If you haven’t had a chance to visit the Vermillion Cliffs National Monument yet, this photo may just convince you to bump it up your to-do list.
5. Here is a view from the top of Telegraph Pass in Yuma. Fun fact: this was named for an old military telegraph line that ran from Maricopa Wells to Phoenix in this area.
6. While some parts of Arizona are changing colors and starting to see snow, others are still looking quite green and warm. This photo was taken along the lower Salt River.
7. Sunset photos are something we never get tired of. Here’s one view of South Mountain at sunset.
8. We’ve seen some gorgeous clouds and varying levels of precipitation throughout the week across Arizona. Here is one look at the sun peeking through the clouds out in the wilderness.
9. Tom sent us this photo of the landscape near Page Springs. The wispy clouds are a great contrast to the landscape below it.
10. Here is a photo from Nibia who was looking for some evidence of fall foliage at Mount Lemmon. Looks like she found it!
11. Many parts of Arizona resemble the prairie lands of more central states. This is just additional evidence that Arizona really does have it all.
12. If anyone you know needs proof that Arizona’s deserts are, in fact, teeming with life, just show them this picture. I wish the view from my front door looked like this.
13. Here’s a view of the gorgeous aspens near the Peak along Hart Prairie Road. This photo was taken earlier this week, so you may still have a chance to see the changing fall colors!
14. And here’s another look at the aspen trees near the Peaks. Although the photographer did not mention when the photo was taken, I bet the area will look like this soon enough!
15. One of our regular submitters, Randy, took this surreal-looking photo of the Superstitions on a cloudy day.
16. And, finally, here’s a little something to wish you a spooky Halloween. Enjoy your week!
Be sure to let us know which photo you enjoyed best! Also, if you want to have your pictures considered, send your best original photos to us by posting to the
Only In Arizona Facebook page or email the photos to . Don’t forget to include your name and the city you live in. We look forward to seeing your photos! [email protected]