Arizona October 24, 2015
What These 18 Arizona Photographers Captured Will Blow You Away – Part 4
Ready to see some beautiful images of Arizona this week? We received a lot of incredible pictures for this week’s reader submission post and, as usual, it was difficult to narrow the list down. However, we were able to so check out how Arizona is looking this week! Enjoy!
1. Let’s start the list with a look at an adorable little ground squirrel seen at the Grand Canyon last week.
My sister works for the Arizona Game & Fish department, so her advice when coming across cute wild animals like this guy is to leave them alone and avoid feeding them!
2. This dreamy view (thanks to some tinting) is of the pines in Flagstaff.
3. The Sunrise Ski Resort on the White Mountain Apache Reservation is looking especially pretty here.
4. This image of a rainbow at Golden Valley reminds me of the rainbow article from earlier this week. 🙂
5. Michelle of Maricopa captured this sunrise in her hometown. Such a pretty sight!
6. Here’s a picture of the San Francisco Peaks from Lockett Meadow. This is just one of the many we received.
The photographer also came across this deer while getting photos!
7. Chirag sent us this lovely photo of the Peaks via email. I wish I was there right now!
8. Here’s another photo of the Peaks and its reflection in some recent rain water.
9. Speaking of rain water, did you get any precipitation at your home this week? Sherri sent us this photo of the lightning in San Tan Valley.
10. And Lesia in Dilkon sent us this photo of some ominous-looking clouds from one of the storms this week. She was also within the same area as the tornado warning near Winslow this week, yikes!
11. And here’s a look at another storm (perhaps the same one) brewing over the Superstition Mountains. That red hue makes it look especially threatening.
12. They weren’t the only ones who experienced some strange weather. Mindi posted this photo of Montana Mountain outside Superior.
Tell me I’m not the only one who sees the eye in the clouds.
13. Fog in October? You better believe it! Sean saw this while driving one morning on 89A towards Jerome.
14. This is what Oak Creek looked like after the storm cleared on Tuesday. The water is so red!
Here’s another photo from Tom, this time at Crescent Moon Ranch.
15. Rye posted this photo of Horton Creek looking so peaceful. If you’re having a stressful day, just imagine you’re here instead.
16. If you needed evidence that the leaves along the Verde River are starting to change color, Judy got this picture to prove it.
17. Here’s another view of the Verde River looking awfully amazing with the sun low.
18. And, finally, Rico sent us this night photo of Signal Hill (aka, Picture Rocks) at Saguaro National Monument.
He even included the settings he used if you want to attempt your own version.
Be sure to let us know which photo you enjoyed best! Also, if you want to have your pictures considered, send your best original photos by posting to the
Only In Arizona Facebook page or email the photos to . Don’t forget to include your name and the city you live in. We look forward to seeing your photos! [email protected]