Arizona October 17, 2015
What These 20 Arizona Photographers Captured Will Blow You Away – Part 3
Welcome to another weekly installment of our Only In Arizona reader photos! We had some amazing pictures submitted this week, so take a few minutes to enjoy the sights our beautiful state has to offer.
1. Since those fall colors are already appearing in different areas of the state, let’s start off with some images of beautiful fall foliage. This one shows off the San Francisco Peaks as seen from Lockett Meadow last week.
2. Here’s a lovely view of Lockett Meadow which, by the way, is located on the northeast side of the Peaks, off of Forest Road 552. It’s worth the visit!
3. Here’s a dreamy view of Oak Creek Canyon on a cool morning this time of year.
4. You know what else is here? The Arizona State Fair! I know that I can’t wait to get my hands on a delicious plate of funnel cake.
5. We got to see some sweet photos of the blood moon eclipse earlier this month but here’s a different take on it: a progression shot that shows the different stages. Pretty cool!
6. Courthouse Rock in Sedona is looking quite magnificent in this photo from Tom in Cornville.
7. Here is a sight I haven’t seen in years. Debbie from Surprise emailed us this photo of Christopher Creek, which was taken earlier this month. Thanks!
8. What better way to show off how amazing Arizona is than with a stunning sunset view? The photographer said this was taken at Saguaro West Park in Tucson.
9. Here’s another stunning sunset photo. Look at the clouds in the sky there!
10. Here is what Thursday’s sunset looked like in Tucson. If circumstance ever forced me to move, those wide open skies are what I would miss most.
11. Seeing the Grand Canyon at sunset (or sunrise) is a definite must-do for any Arizonan!
12. This rainbow over the Santa Catalina Mountains along with the low sun angle make this an epic shot.
13. Here’s a nice artsy photo. This is what sunset looks like while you’re reclining in the grasses in Strawberry. What better way to end the day?
14. A stunning sunset in Surprise should come across as no surprise. Haha, I’ll show myself out.
15. Here’s another sunset view, this time from Globe. So pretty.
16. Ever been to Whiskey Row in Prescott? Here’s a vibrant preview of what you may see.
17. Yikes! Glad our reader saw this night dweller before anyone stepped on him!
18. Here’s one of the wild Salt River horses who appears to be enjoying his freedom while grazing.
19. Here’s another view of some Salt River horses enjoying a nice meal.
20. Wow! Here’s a view of the Milky Way from US-93 with a nice, slow shutter speed. Truly beautiful. If you fellow city dwellers haven’t had a chance to check out our amazingly dark skies, do it!
Be sure to let us know which photo you enjoyed best! Also, if you want to join in on the fun, send your best original photos by posting to the Only In Arizona Facebook page or email the photos to . (Tip: for your photo to look its best on our website, please make sure they are at least 700 pixels wide.) We look forward to seeing your photos! [email protected]