Arizona May 15, 2016
You Must Visit These 13 Bizarre Route 66 Attractions In Arizona
A couple of weeks ago, we highlighted a pretty
awesome road trip along Route 66. Most of the attractions featured showed some of the top must-see spots, so we decided that we needed to list some of the more bizarre things you can find along the old highway. Let’s take a look at how weird these sites can get!
1. Visit Oatman to feed the wild burros that roam the streets.
2. This weird, giant head in Walapai.
Lovingly named Giganticus Headicus, this green head is reminiscent of the statues on Easter Island, just without the beach. It is located on the northeast corner of Antares Road and Route 66.
3. Spend an hour or so exploring the Hackberry General Store and its collection of memorabilia.
4. Check out the eclectic Delgadillo's Snow Cap for a burger and a shake.
5. The Roadkill Cafe in Seligman.
Yes, it's a real restaurant! No, roadkill is not on the menu.
6. This supposedly haunted caboose that doubles as a hotel room in Williams.
7. A small collection of lumberjacks in Flagstaff.
8. Of course, everyone knows about that statue standing on the corner with a flatbed Ford driving by.
9. There's also this Tiny Church of the Mother Road in Winslow.
Okay, I really tried to get a picture of this place but couldn't without making a special 6-hour round trip to Winslow. It is located in the little patio area next to Las Marias on Route 66.
10. The ever famous Wigwam Motel in Holbrook.
They aren't wigwams but they are definitely iconic and an odd sight along the road!
11. There's also the collection of dinosaurs peppered along the highway in and near Holbrook.
12. Or this cowboy riding a stack of petrified wood.
This one is just a little ways off Route 66, at the intersection of Apache Avenue and Highway 180.
13. And this replica of Fort Courage of the show “F Troop" found in Houck, between Sanders and Lupton.
How many of these places have you visited? Don’t forget to share your experiences right here or on our
Facebook fan page!