If You Didn’t Know About These 8 Swimming Holes In Arizona, They’re A Must Visit
As the warmer months approach and we all begin turning our air conditioners on more frequently, it’s a good time to think about finding places to visit to cool off when the heat really kicks in (and it will). One fun way to do this is by visiting Arizona swimming holes. We’ve covered a few of the best swimming holes near Phoenix before, so today we’re going to look at a few more spectacular spots that you can find here in Arizona. While you’re visiting the best swimming holes ion Arizona, don’t forget to practice the leave no trace principles.
Have you visited any of these swimming holes before? Let us know which was your favorite by leaving a comment here or on our Facebook fan page!
More to Explore
Best Swimming Holes in Arizona
What are the most pristine lakes in Arizona?
Arizona is, believe it or not, home to thousands of lakes. Most of them are man-made, though even those are pretty amazing depending on which ones you visit. Some of our lakes stick out above the rest as particularly clean and clear; some of our favorite pristine lakes in Arizona include:
- Fossil Creek, near Strawberry, which is astonishingly crystal-clear and even has a waterfall.
- Knoll Lake is another Arizona getaway spot with beautifully clear water, though the lake is rather deep, so at many points, you can't see the bottom, anyway.
- West Clear Creek which, as its name suggests, is also home to beautiful, clear water.
What are the best scenic hikes in Arizona?
Arizona is home to some of the best hiking in the country, if not the world. From world-class hikes like those at the Grand Canyon to the hundreds of amazing trails in places like Sedona, Tucson, and eastern Arizona, there is something beautiful here for everyone. For example:
- Bright Angel Trail takes you from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and leads you down into the canyon. It's beautiful and well worth a drive up.
- Kachina Trail, near Flagstaff, has incredible wildflowers and outstanding mountain views throughout the entire hike.
- West Fork Trail, in Oak Creek, near Sedona, is literally world-famous and has been called one of the top ten most scenic hikes in the United States.
Are there any hidden swimming holes in Arizona?
Interesting, despite our reputation as a desert wasteland, there are a fair share of really exceptional swimming holes in Arizona - you've just got to know where to find them. For example:
- Fossil Creek is a stunningly beautiful creek, springs, and swimming area, though a rigorous hike is required to get there.
- Grasshopper Point, which offers lovely, crisp, and cool water during the hot summers.
- Bridal Wreath Falls is a breathtaking waterfall that cascades down into a pristine swimming hole. This list is not all-inclusive - there are lots more all over the place!