Arizona July 07, 2016
10 Once-In-A-Lifetime Adventures You Can Only Have In Arizona
The list of things to do in Arizona is endless, yet we always manage to find something new or something incredibly thrilling that Arizonans should not miss out on. Check out some of these unique and incredible adventures that you have to do in Arizona:
1. Spend a few days hiking the Grand Canyon.
Do some planning beforehand and try to combine trails for a more thorough experience. We suggest hiking the North Kaibab and Bright Angel Trails.
2. Want something more intense? Take a couple of months to hike the Arizona Trail.
Covering more than 800 miles that runs north to south, this trail will give you one of the most scenic views you can get of Arizona. If you want to start planning, check out the
Arizona Trail Association’s website
3. Spend a night 200 feet underground in a cavern.
4. Participate in (or watch) the Tucson All Souls Procession.
An adaptation of the Dia de los Muertos celebration, the All Souls Procession is part of a weekend-long event to mourn, celebrate, and remember the dead. The event occurs on the first weekend of each November.
5. Spend the night in the Titan Missile Museum.
Ever wonder what it would be like to live in an old missile silo? You can get that same experience by booking a stay at the Titan Missile Museum in Tucson.
6. Search for (then enjoy) a drink in the jazz-playing speakeasy Mystery Room at the Arizona Biltmore.
Bonus points if you arrive decked out in 1920s attire.
7. Tour a plethora of ancient cliff dwellings.
8. Check out an old copper mine on a tour led by former miners.
The old Copper Queen Mine in Bisbee is a perfect (and chilly) experience that you won’t soon forget.
9. Enjoy a walk through a surreal slot canyon, like Antelope Canyon.
Arizona is home to at least two others.
10. Experience a railroad robbery on the Grand Canyon Railway.
Don’t worry, it’s a staged robbery that will make a train ride to the Grand Canyon a memorable one!
Those all sound like incredible ways to spend a summer! If you’re looking for more fun adventures to embark on, check out some of the surprisingly
fun things you can do in western Arizona.