Arizona November 07, 2015
10 Undeniable Things You’ll Find In Every Arizona Home
Here in Arizona, we have a wide range of cultures that contribute to Arizona’s ever-growing melting pot. However, despite whatever differences we may have, there are still plenty of similarities between us to bring us together. One example being; items that you are almost guaranteed to find in every Arizona home. Check out our list!
1. Sunscreen is a guarantee because of the sheer number of sunny days we experience. Even if you don't wear it as frequently as you probably should, there's probably a bottle lying around your house somewhere.
2. Speaking of which, if you are on the paler side (or never remember to slather on that sunscreen,) you may have aloe vera also hiding in a closet. This soothing ingredient—whether applied as a lotion, cream, gel or other ointment—is a must-have for any after-sun activity.
3. With our intense sunlight, sunglasses are another must.
4. Another item you'll find in an Arizona home; chile. Powdered, canned, frozen, freeze dried, or any other form of the hot pepper is something that most Arizonans will add to their cooking sometime every month.
5. Some form of chile decoration.
This ranges from having an actual dried chile ristra hanging in the kitchen, chile lights that are pulled out around Christmas time, or a random item in the house that has an image of a chile on it.
6. An outdoor thermometer to measure those hot days (and even the cold ones.)
This is especially good to have so that you have something to back up your hot weather complaints to your friends in other states.
7. A cooling unit for those hot days.
This is a must for anyone living south of the Rim. Air conditioner, swamp cooler, or even just a fan; we hope you have something in your home to keep you cool on a hot summer day.
8. This may not be in every home, but it is in most homes I know. With our lax gun laws, having a firearm of some sort on hand is pretty common. Just remember to practice responsible gun safety and keep them away from childrens' reach and view.
9. Indigenous arts and crafts are another thing you will probably find in an Arizona home, whether it is a small carved fetish or an intricate Navajo rug.
Want to guarantee its authenticity? Buy directly from the artist at an art fair or festival!
10. An Arizona-themed book is another thing that you may find in an Arizona home, whether it is a travel, hiking, history or photography book.
If not that, then maybe a copy of "Arizona Highways."
What other items would you be able to find in the average Arizona home? Let us know in the comments section below!