Arizona September 17, 2015
10 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Time Of The Year In Arizona
We are just five days away from the official start of autumn —it takes place on the fall equinox on September 23—but the transitional season is something we all look forward to for one reason or another. Here are ten reasons why fall is the absolute best in Arizona.
1. Fall means our forests turn into a technicolor dreamscape.
2. Feeling those cooler temperatures in the early morning or at night help make summer feel like the distant past.
3. However, wearing fall clothing doesn’t apply to all parts of the state.
In November in Phoenix, you can still expect to see some people walking around in tee shirts and shorts.
4. Fall means the temperatures are just right for a nature walk or a hike anywhere in the state.
This photo was taken at Aravaipa Canyon in late November.
5. All you folks living in Rim Country are probably glad all the desert dwellers are leaving.
6. Arizona suddenly experiences a burst in fair activity: the State Fair, county fairs, the Navajo Nation Fair, and Oktoberfest are just a few examples.
7. Fall means Halloween and other spooky events.
Depending on where in the state you live, you probably don’t even have to wear a jacket over your costume!
8. It also means Dia de los Muertos festivities at the end of October.
9. Fall means the peak and end of chile season.
Get yourself some tasty, homegrown chiles while you can!
10. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread.
I prefer these over the more popular pumpkin spice flavored foods. If you can, try out native pumpkins and squashes in your recipes.
Is fall also your favorite season? What is your favorite part about it? Tell us in the comments below!